The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I May Be Addicted to Horse Tack... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-may-addicted-horse-tack-78010/)

A knack for horses 02-07-2011 10:13 PM

I May Be Addicted to Horse Tack...

:oops::lol:

Oh Lordie...

As most of you know, I don't own a horse. But within the past 7 months, my tack collection has EXPLODED!!! This is what I have bought (or asked for and/or gotten as gifts) in that time frame:
  • A one ear dark oil headstall
  • A jointed snaffle
  • A navy horse Halter
  • A navy lead
  • Leather roper reins
  • Multicolor Rope roper reins
  • Oster Grooming kit
  • Rubber Curry
  • Sweat Scraper
  • Braiding comb
  • Snaps for my leather reins (I didn't like the size of the ones on it)
  • A pair of spurs
  • Spur straps
  • And I just bought a saddle pad today
Oh...not to mention I have I ordered a saddle pad wednesday that should be here within the week. And that is in 7 months!!!

I feel lucky I came out of TSC with just the saddle pad and the clearance sponge. THe store was having a clearance sale on a bunch of horse tack, and I almost bought both $15 clearance curb bits, another set of reins, and a set of front leg boots. I have half a mind to go back tomorrow and buy the boots.

Anybody else have a tack problem? :lol:

RadHenry09 02-07-2011 10:16 PM

Well, my husband says I do but I have 2 horses ..lol

A knack for horses 02-07-2011 10:33 PM

Well, I figure I will use it when I get to college, and its a stretch; but I may need it when I get a horse. :lol:

Tennessee 02-07-2011 10:37 PM

I've got two horses and six saddles and on the lookout for another. hahahaha. I think that just about says it all.

tinyliny 02-07-2011 10:51 PM

Knack

I have 0 horses

3 saddles,
1 bareback pad
surcingles and longing equip.
three bridles
approx 6 bits
5 or 6 pads
multiples of grooming supplies
2 rope halters
or was that 3?
unknown numbers of books on horses

I want to buy a good western saddle, too.

my friend and I say we are "tack *****s"

That reminds me, the 4 h tack sale is coming up!!!!!

smrobs 02-07-2011 10:56 PM

Um, yes. You are not alone. Before the fire, we had enough tack to fully tack up 7 horses and we would have still had several bridles left over. We do have 8 rideable horses, but the most we have ever tacked up at once (when not at a roping or a show) was 4.

I am a bridle fanatic. Counting snaffles and curbs both, I bet I have 15 or 16 full, useable bridles LOL.

HorseOfCourse 02-07-2011 10:56 PM

I have a tack room filled with saddles, a huge trunk of sprays, bits, and brushes with my brand new pad that I don't want to get dirty, saddles in both of my trailers, a rope halter hanging in my front doorway, lead ropes all over my house, a couple halters in my room, a helmet in my room, my show helmet in my trailer, brushes/other grooming stuff in my bog trailer, a gallon of fly spray in the back of my truck along with some other stuff, bridles galore hanging up in nails covering an entire wall of my barn in rows and in crates in the barn, extra halters thrown here and there, first aid stuff in the camel barn, and a lot of other stuff. I'm getting a new show saddle in the spring.
I think I have a problem..
Posted via Mobile Device

A knack for horses 02-07-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 920543)
my friend and I say we are "tack *****s"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!!! At the rate I'm going, I think I'll be tack ***** before next winter.

AQHA13 02-07-2011 11:00 PM

Even though you don't have a horse, it's good to be prepared! Believe it or not, when you do get a horse, it's all those little things that add up! :)

Poseidon 02-07-2011 11:04 PM

I am a tack *****. I don't actually have a whole lot, but if I had the money... :D I would have so much. Especially colourful show tack. I don't compete or anything as of right now and probably not in the immediate future, but I would definitely go for a trail ride with blinged out conchos everywhere.