The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Calendars: What do you prefer in them? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/calendars-what-do-you-prefer-them-78103/)

Creampuff 02-08-2011 08:18 PM

Calendars: What do you prefer in them?

For the company I volunteer for I'll be taking on various art projects to help raise money for their survival (including portrait drawings of customers with their horse, should they so choose; I think this would appeal more to our frequent customers, birthday riders, and someone's "first time on a horse"). On this "to do" list I have a portrait calendar containing all of the horses at Thunder Wolf.

So I ask everyone for their opinions once more.
When you pick up a horse calendar (photography or art), what picture genre attracts you the most? Is it the horses in action (running)? Foals and their mums? Horses interacting with one another? Fantasy horses? "Other" horse pictures?

Personally, I love to see a variety. I like to see some cutesy picture of a foal (even with it's mother), and I especially like to see horses running. Today I gathered a plethora of pictures (even a video) of a borderline-stampede at the barn today and realized just how much I love to watch them run. But I'm just as content sitting in the pasture and watching them partake in mundane activities. Brownie points if they begin to play or just be the silly horses that they are.

VelvetsAB 02-08-2011 08:31 PM

The calendar I purchase EVERY year is called "Horses in the Mist" and has a variety of movement. Napping, running, curious babies... The reason why I like it though is the pictures are printed from paintings, or at least look like it that way.

Sophie19 02-08-2011 08:33 PM

My favorite is horses in pastures. I like to see them running freely.

Akuinnen24 02-09-2011 01:10 AM

My favorite is full-body action shots, I love seeing horses in motion. :) Head shots are probably my least favorite, although it depends on the picture because some of them can be very beautiful. I don't mind seeing pastures and fences but I love looking at pictures of horses in less usual settings like playing in the snow or at a beach.