The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Interview at vet office! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/interview-vet-office-78127/)

Gidget 02-09-2011 03:32 AM

Interview at vet office!

So months ago I finished my schooling for vet assistant. I handed in my resume and had an interview with a lady awhile back about volunteering to get experience as I was still going to school at that time. Anyways I recieved a call in the morning and the lady that interviewed me called and asked if I wanted a position for cleaning kennels and such so I will be going to an interview and hopefully I get the job and I can build my way up to other positions I am hoping.
Although nothing is official I am pretty excited to get a phone call back as I basically gave up on looking for jobs since no one is really hiring in that field and I don't have my liscense which my doctor told me I am able to go get it now that I have been seizure free for so long...things are coming together!

TaMMa89 02-09-2011 02:19 PM

Great to hear :-).

Good luck with the interview! :-)

BackInTheSaddleAgain 02-09-2011 02:27 PM

That is AWESOME! You're doing exactly what I want to do. I finished my vet assistant course, too. I'm dying to job search but I need my son to get a little older first. I may look into financial aid to get my associates as a vet tech in the mean time. Good luck to you!!

Gidget 02-09-2011 04:16 PM

Thank you =D
I'm reaaaallly excited although I'm trying not to be but I finally got a call from them after 5 months! I know there are some other ppl being interviewed as well so I am really trying not to get super excited.
Anyways,I am typing up my references and going to bring my certificate in tomorrow at my interview.She scheduled me for 2:30.

Walkamile 02-09-2011 08:09 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

A knack for horses 02-09-2011 08:12 PM

Good Luck!!!