The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Charlie... needs a new home... (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/charlie-needs-new-home-78329/)

uppidycowgirl 02-11-2011 04:28 PM

Charlie... needs a new home...

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I got Charlie a couple months ago when I was searching the horse sites... a girl had him for sale along with a couple other horses... he was cute, smaller then I wanted but he is just coming 3 so I though, heck why not!! I took my stock trailer and traveled the 200 miles to check him out... well I came home with 3 horses that day, a very gentle but not saddle broke mustang, a reg paint tobiano mare and Charley.. He has been handled since birth, has been saddled and ground worked but never ridden, way to small right now... about 13.3 but should mature to 14.1 or so.. both his parents were 15h so I really am not sure why he is so little... throwback? LOL He also has 2 blue eyes... $600.00

Plains Drifter 02-11-2011 04:35 PM

He's gorgeous!! How old is Charley? I have a coming 2 yr old that is only 13.2. So, he's not alone at being that height. (which I like cause I'm not a tall horse person, lol!) Good luck finding him a new home.

uppidycowgirl 02-11-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plains Drifter (Post 925139)
He's gorgeous!! How old is Charley? I have a coming 2 yr old that is only 13.2. So, he's not alone at being that height. (which I like cause I'm not a tall horse person, lol!) Good luck finding him a new home.

He will be 3 this coming April... he is adorable and would make an excellent driving or riding horse.. Although I won't be keeping him, a good home is a must.. :D

Eliz 02-12-2011 01:13 AM

Get him all cleaned up like the last picture and take better pics, he will sell for that price in a heart beat! :)

uppidycowgirl 02-12-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliz (Post 925697)
Get him all cleaned up like the last picture and take better pics, he will sell for that price in a heart beat! :)

LOL yes he is a woolly mess right now... but I have no intention of cleaning him up til spring... wouldn't do any good since he is in pasture and my corrals are full of mud..nothing but rain here in calif (ugh) So if they can't see a diamond in the rough, then I guess they will just miss out on a good buy.... plus he is cleaned up in the one pic and the others are ah natural... :lol: Thanks for the advice.... Guess when it comes to selling horses, I have burnt myself out... use to do it for a living but got so tired of the people and finally just quit on the large scale and now only sell one if I happen to come across one worth selling... My motto is let the horse sell itself!