The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   Eclipse Horse Trailers - What's your opinion? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/eclipse-horse-trailers-whats-your-opinion-78405/)

JumpersRule 02-12-2011 04:55 PM

Eclipse Horse Trailers - What's your opinion?

I am looking to purchase an Eclipse 2H ST SR WP straight load horse trailer (it also includes a back ramp and side ramp).

What is your opinion on Eclipse horse trailers in general? Do they haul well? Are you impressed with the quality? Are they large enough for the big guys (17h+)? Are they safe for the horses?

Whether you have owned one or your friend has owned one, doesn't matter! :) I'm just looking for opinions on this brand in general, but if you have opinion about this exact trailer, let me know! :)

equineeventer3390 02-12-2011 11:18 PM

I have never heard of them before but I just looked them up and they look pretty good. Not too expensive. However, unless you already have a deal on this exact trailer, I would look in to Cherokee trailers! We have a 3 horse custom straight load trailer with rear and side ramp and dressing room. I love it! It was cheaper than all the sundowner, featherlite, sooner, etc and IMO just as nice if not better in some aspects.
Cherokee - RV
Another good brand that is comparable but not as expensive as sundowners is Merhow.
Merhow Industries - quality horse trailers for over 53 years.

JumpersRule 02-13-2011 09:19 AM

Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty set on these trailers. I love their style! :D
I'm also going to dry and buy one already made.

kitten_Val 02-13-2011 09:10 PM

Jumpers, I don't know anyone who owns one, but I checked them out and I'm little concerned about the price - too cheap for aluminum (comparable to those high-rank companies). I'm NOT arguing or trying to change your opinion on it :wink: , just wondering why there is such a difference.

Edit: I was talking about $6695 model. Others seem to be more expensive, so I wonder what's so different here...

kitten_Val 02-27-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpersRule (Post 926828)
Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty set on these trailers. I love their style! :D
I'm also going to dry and buy one already made.

Decided to bring this one up...

I've seen these trailers at the Expo last Fri and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. In fact I liked Eclipse 2-horse slant they had there over all other slants I looked at. After that I did some search on those trailers and all feedback I could find was very positive.

JumpersRule 02-27-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 943727)
Decided to bring this one up...

I've seen these trailers at the Expo last Fri and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. In fact I liked Eclipse 2-horse slant they had there over all other slants I looked at. After that I did some search on those trailers and all feedback I could find was very positive.

Thanks for letting me know! I, too, have heard very good things about Eclipse. That does it: my trailer will be an Eclipse! :D

MyBoyPuck 03-01-2011 09:23 PM

I know somebody who sells Eclipse along with Featherlite. He describes Eclipse as the aluminum generic. Looks okay but bottom of the line everything. Very little in terms of safety features and things like springs and bearings aren't as high quality as better trailers. For shorter trips, I'm not sure any of that matters. That being said, I chose to buy a used Featherlite over a new Eclipse.

showclothes 01-01-2012 09:18 PM

Have you checked the BBB rating of Eclipse? It's an F. I checked on them because I'm having no luck resolving 2 quality issues with this company and wanted to see if there were others having issues as well. I don't want to discourage people from buying an Eclipse, I'm just saying, do your research.

cbsh9898 03-10-2012 10:13 PM

Eclipse Trailers

I just went to their factory in Somerset Ohio. Talked to the owner and looked at several models. Still need to research, but for the money, I like what I see. I also checked the BBB and they have an A- rating. Not the F someone else mentioned.

Joe4d 03-11-2012 06:50 AM

you should search on this forum. Several bad customer service and ignored warranty claims reported.