The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Clinton anderson book (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/clinton-anderson-book-78419/)

mramsay 02-12-2011 09:05 PM

Clinton anderson book

Has anyone gone thorugh some/any/all of the methods in Clinton Andersons Downunder Horsemanship Establishing Respect and Control... book? It was bought for me as a gift, and I am wondering if it worth putting my green gelding through the "program'?

nate1 02-13-2011 06:02 PM

I'v watched a couple of his training programs on RFDTV and watched it and put it to use and it seems like it works pretty well (he has a good way of putting it in simple terms), all though one thing I don't like is his lateral flexion I'v had a horse that was taught that and it seems like she was a rubber necked horse if you know what I mean. so far I think his methods are pretty decent I just don't agree with his personal values

gypsygirl 02-13-2011 06:04 PM

clinton anderson is great ! i dont know much about his undersaddle work, but i use a lot of his methods on the ground

JustPaint 02-13-2011 07:28 PM

I brought the book a while back its a very good read, I don't have a horse so I couldn't tell you how it worked out.

SissyGoBob 02-14-2011 11:13 AM

I have put almost all of my horses through his method. I love it. My step mom and I went to one of his clinics and wow, it was great. I have read 2 of hims books. I think yours is one of them. He is a very good horseman and has amazing horses that he made.

I would seriously reccomend putting your gelding through his program.

kitten_Val 02-14-2011 12:04 PM

As with any other trainer: his methods great for some horses, not so good for others. I never read his book, but I have set of "working on ground" dvds, and they were helpful when I was having issues with my qh.

franknbeans 02-14-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 928173)
As with any other trainer: his methods great for some horses, not so good for others. I never read his book, but I have set of "working on ground" dvds, and they were helpful when I was having issues with my qh.

Exactly. I have his DVD's, and they are good, but no one person has all the answers for all the horses out there. It would be a great start, but why limit yourself?:wink: