The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Houston, we have a second testicle! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/houston-we-have-second-testicle-78537/)

grayshell38 02-14-2011 12:26 PM

Houston, we have a second testicle!

It is nice and warm today (hit 40 degrees) I decided to check Mana again to see if he'd dropped his right testicle since it has been AWOL and then it got cold and he tucked himself up tight so I have been in the dark for the last couple of months. I wasn't expecting to find it but it was there! Yaay!!!

He turns 18 months on the 27th, and he was scheduled to be fixed then anyway, but I am soooooooo relieved that he has dropped finally! I was not happy about a very expensive and much more risky surgery to go up and find it.

Huge sigh of relief! Best thing was the look on my father's face when I reached down there and then again when I yelled "Yeah! There are two!".

Do the happy dance with me! He's being fixed next week. I'll post a "brain surgery" thread with pics and such then for those that are interested.

Yay!!:lol::D

Cali 02-14-2011 12:28 PM

Yay! Man, I wish my boy had dropped. We've already gone through one surgery an they weren't able to find them.
Posted via Mobile Device

twogeldings 02-14-2011 06:17 PM

Booya! The first thing I did when looking at my colt was reach under there and grab a handful. Must have looked mighty strange :lol: I stood there for about a minuet trying to differentiate one from the other!

dressagebelle 02-14-2011 06:47 PM

Only horse people can get so excited about finding both testicles when a horse is going to be castrated lol. I'm glad that you won't be having to do an invasive surgery to find it when he does get snipped. I was working with a horse for a while, he was about 2, hadn't been gelded yet, (owner was thinking about keeping him intact for breeding), and in the 6 months or so that I worked with him, we never could find the second testicle. He was gelded sometime after I left the ranch, and I have no idea if he finally dropped, or if they had to go in and find it, but I looked almost every time I was out there. I'm sure that people thought I was strange too.