The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Talk (/horse-talk/)
-   -   Thinking about leasing out my horse, opinions? (

Twilight Arabians 02-15-2011 12:39 AM

Thinking about leasing out my horse, opinions?
Hey all! So I have been working a lot and will be really busy through the summer and won't have much time for riding, I have been thinking about leasing out my horse for the summer. I had someone e-mail me about it, they are looking for a nice kids horse to lease for 4H for the summer with an option to buy at the end of the lease. I have already told them I would be having them sign a contract for the lease and will require references from there vet, farrier, hay provider and 4H leader. Is there anything I might be forgetting to add or that I might want to make sure is included in the lease contract? Also they are about 4 hours away from me, witch makes me a little nervous because I wouldn't be able to come visit her and make sure she is okay very often, maybe once a month. I really would like to find a nice home for her and they sound like a good place. Anyone have any input they might like to give? I also told her I would require pictures of the place they would be keeping her as well as weekly updates on how she's doing and at least one picture a month. Thanks all!

tinyliny 02-15-2011 02:00 AM

They've owned or full leased a horse before?

Alcatrazjmpr 02-15-2011 08:59 PM

Whenever I leased a horse out I always said they had to come back in the same condition they left in, basically good body condition, sound (if the horse had arthritis or any special needs that was noted), that they needed to recieve supplements or injections as needed, if needed. They needed to contact me if the vet needed to be called for anything but routine shots.

Twilight Arabians 02-15-2011 09:30 PM

Well I thought it over and it's just too far away, I have gotten a lot of e-mails about her and someone is coming over tomorrow to take a look at her, they actually want to just buy her but I don't really want to sell her, I guess I will just have to wait and see how it goes.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome