The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   summer (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/summer-78667/)

goodcallsenator 02-15-2011 10:48 PM

summer

(I'm not sure if this goes here, feel free to move it)

I was trying to think up ideas of what to do this summer... I want something that will probably end up taking a lot of time (I have no life in the summer :p ) and will be rewarding in the end. I want to something with animals and I was thinking of getting a project horse, but that would be a bit more expensive than I'm looking for and that would trail into the fall which wouldn't work for me because I have to return to boarding school at the beginning of September. Any one have any ideas?

Shasta1981 02-15-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodcallsenator (Post 930141)
(I'm not sure if this goes here, feel free to move it)

I was trying to think up ideas of what to do this summer... I want something that will probably end up taking a lot of time (I have no life in the summer :p ) and will be rewarding in the end. I want to something with animals and I was thinking of getting a project horse, but that would be a bit more expensive than I'm looking for and that would trail into the fall which wouldn't work for me because I have to return to boarding school at the beginning of September. Any one have any ideas?

Maybe you could volunteer at an animal shelter? When I was in high school I volunteered at a hippotherapy center which was very rewarding. Maybe you could see if there is one in your area?

drafteventer 02-15-2011 11:06 PM

I agree with the comments above those sound great :)...maybe you could lease another horse that needs some experience/training? Maybe get a summer job at a riding stable mucking stalls/grooming.
I'm bad at this because I'm often very bored with nothing to do during the summer.