The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Popcorn--Microwave or Popper? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/popcorn-microwave-popper-78720/)

VelvetsAB 02-16-2011 02:44 PM

Popcorn--Microwave or Popper?

What is your preference....air popper or microwave popcorn?

If you used an air popper (microwave popcorn), why did you change to microwave popcorn (air popper)?

TaMMa89 02-16-2011 02:51 PM

Microwawe! Easy & tasty.

I haven't tasted other popcorns tho :wink:.

drafteventer 02-16-2011 03:32 PM

Air popped
No Chemicals! Just corn kernels, butter, and salt

Jake and Dai 02-16-2011 03:51 PM

Air popper hands down with loads of butter and salt. Takes longer but I think more yummy!

MIEventer 02-16-2011 06:07 PM

Air Popper here too!! LOVE my air popper!

Delfina 02-16-2011 06:12 PM

Neither!

Salted popcorn made in a pot on the stove with a bit of oil is the yummiest!

Arksly 02-16-2011 06:13 PM

Air popper! You know what's even better? One of those that you put on your stove and crank the handle. It's by far the best popcorn I've ever had!

VelvetsAB 02-17-2011 08:39 AM

Matt and I havent bought any microwave popcorn lately because we cant decide on if we should get an air popper.

It would be a lot nice to be able to control the butter and salt on it.

Thanks ladies!

Delfina 02-17-2011 11:22 AM

Velvet... get a bag of popcorn kernels and try making it on the stove.

You don't need any special poppers or doohickeys, just a metal pot with a lid. Pour about 3 TBSP oil into the pot (I personally use slightly less then 2 and use Olive Oil as I like the taste and for health reasons) and 1/3 cup kernels into the pot. Put the lid on and shake or rock the pot over a medium heat until the popping slows.

Gas stoves are the best, you literally rock the pot up and down on the burner the entire time. I have a crappy electric, so I gently shake the pot for a few secs, then rock for a few secs, than repeat.

It's a really cheap way to see if you'll enjoy air popped as all you need to buy is the popcorn kernels.

Wallaby 02-17-2011 12:07 PM

I like microwaved just for the easy factor. However, you don't have to use those microwave packet things. You can just stick some popcorn in a paper bag and microwave it until it stops popping, then pour the popcorn into a bowl and add your butter/salt/cheese/whatever. I've done this a few times and it works out great!