The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Championships vs regular HT? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/championships-vs-regular-ht-78815/)

TheEquestrian22 02-18-2011 12:59 AM

Championships vs regular HT?

Hey im trying to move up to prelim sometimes during the spring season. One place i thought of was Poplar Place. Its my "home" show, but the next show they have (minus march ill be on spring break) is Championships. they offer a regualar HT at the same time but idk if the xc course is harder. I KNOW AECs were much harder than a reg training level, but i dont know if a regional championships would be hard. I know the course very well and know what jumps are on the reg prelim course. Anyway i am very confused. Just wondering if anyone can tell a difference between a regional champ and a regular course. Also if that doesnt work is Chatt Hill's prelim course hard or is it ok?

equineeventer3390 02-18-2011 06:36 PM

Chatt. Hills is average. I went to Poplar a few years ago during the Area 3 Championships. Qualified at BN but my horse and I were already doing novice so we did the regular division novice. There was a championship novice course and a regular novice course. The regular novice course was no different in difficulty from when I went to poplar at a non-championship event. Even the championship novice course wasn't much different. I didn't do prelim but I would assume it similar. Each level had a championship course and a regular course (for XC). Stadium was the same but not difficult.

eventerdrew 02-19-2011 01:47 PM

There really isn't much of a difference between a championship course and a regular HT course.

the only difference is that you are competing against people who are qualified for the level, rather than any old horse and rider combination.