The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Beautiful Sunny day in New Hampshire (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/beautiful-sunny-day-new-hampshire-78841/)

Gizmo 02-18-2011 03:19 PM

Beautiful Sunny day in New Hampshire

10 Attachment(s)
So the last two days have been a dream. Yesterday was fifty and today was almost sixty degrees! That is very warm for this time of year. I had today off so I spend some time with the animals. I groomed Gizmo up nice and took some pics of him. Unfortunately, it wasn't warm enough to melt all the ice so I didn't want to take him out. I barely had good footing so I know he wouldn't for sure. Oh and sorry about the messy pen, melting snow+melting ice+ mudd+poo+pee= BIG MESS. That is hard to keep up with, that was after cleaning it out TWICE today! So here are the pictures :) The first is my dog Shadow.

Gizmo 02-18-2011 03:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That is all of them

VanillaBean 02-18-2011 08:27 PM

Aww love you horse!! What breed? He looks almost M. Foxtrotter?

VB

Gizmo 02-18-2011 08:34 PM

He is a full blooded QH actually. He is big though almost 16 hands. But he is my baby who is very spoiled!

Tejas 02-21-2011 04:19 PM

He's cute! I love your avatar with him! That is one messy pen, but you really don't have much of a choice with the weather..
I'd tie him up and get a shovel and get out as much as I could..and then pour down shavings I guess?

Gizmo 02-21-2011 07:09 PM

Yeah, that was with the second time cleaning it too. It is much better now.

equiniphile 02-21-2011 07:10 PM

Friday it was 60F out here too!! Now we have a whiteout and 3 inches of snow again :-(

Gizmo 02-21-2011 09:01 PM

I enjoyed the warm weather and so did he. He is for sure a warm weather horse. He doesn't like the white stuff too much. We had it just those couple of days and now it was about 16 degrees today and we had a dusting early this morning, but EVERYTHING! Is ice! I sucks so bad I can't go riding at all and he hates it, his pen is not meant for him to be cooped in because it is small. We are making it bigger in the spring. I took him for a walk but we trugged in the snow which is still up to my knees in the field, even with the warm weather. I am going to get some easy boots though with studs so that we can, he loves to ride and I do too, I can't wait it out til the end of March. Some people around here don't even ride in the winter! I don't know how they do it, then have to deal with a spirited, out of shape horse in the spring.

cher40 02-21-2011 09:04 PM

They are loving that warmth...lol. Your horse is very handsome. i love his blaze and the colour of his luscious mane! Let's hope spring is coming...

Gizmo 02-21-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cher40 (Post 936431)
They are loving that warmth...lol. Your horse is very handsome. i love his blaze and the colour of his luscious mane! Let's hope spring is coming...

Yes they are. He just stands there in the sun soaking it up, with a blanket on! He is a goof ball. I love his little crooked blaze. I told him if he were human he would be a dorky kid, he would just need glasses, lol. I know I can't wait to start doing different braids in it when it gets nice and I can wash it out really nice. I use Cowboy Magic detangler and it works awesome. It really makes the gold in it stand out and shine. :D