The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Halter Showing Help. :O (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/halter-showing-help-o-78878/)

Haylee 02-18-2011 10:07 PM

Halter Showing Help. :O

Cody, my regestered APH gelding; was rescued from a bad situation. and the family who saved him from this ordeal, never got his papers that they were told came in the deal. My question to you all, is am I able to maybe re-regester him, or if there is some way to get the papers. If not, I was wondering if it is even needed to show him in 4-H halter, and halter showing afterwards. I really need to know this asap, so any help is apreciated.

This is Cody quite recently after they rescued him, as you can see he was quite thin.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/..._2680691_n.jpg

CinasSatinDoll 02-19-2011 06:26 PM

I don't think you can re-register him, and papers have to be signed over. It won't prevent you from showing him locally, though. There's grade horse halter classes at most club shows and fairs, and all other classes are open. (showmanship and performance) I've never known 4H to require papers. I hope that's been helpful!:)

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 02-19-2011 06:35 PM

I would go to the APHA site, here is the link.
APHA.Com - Welcome to the Association

Get in contact with them if you don't find answers just browsing around the site.
They may have a way to "hardship" your horse in, I know other registries do.
I am not sure but at least it is worth a try......:wink:

CB Ranch Horses 02-19-2011 11:31 PM

You cannot re-register him. We have a Western Pleasure Horse who we got into a law suit with the previous owners (We bought him thru a training deal gone bad) but it cost a few thousand dollars but he was a Big Time Pleasure horse who placed in the top 5 in the 2yr Old Western Pleasure at the Reichert Celebration so it is possible to get him papers if you get lucky but in your situation it isn't worth the money or aggervation just for Local and 4-H Shows.

CCH 02-19-2011 11:39 PM

APHA unfortunately won't help you much in this situation unless you can get the "owners" who still have the papers to turn them over to you. If you know their name, it is still worth giving APHA a call and sending photos in so they can match him and put a flag on those papers. At least APHA will know they have a dispute.

You can however register him with the Pinto Horse Association for less than $100. They have many great showing opportunities too.

ETA:
If he was actually rescued by a recognized group or seized by governmental authority, APHA may transfer the papers to you if you can show them the rescue/seizure documents.

Haylee 02-20-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCH (Post 934340)
APHA unfortunately won't help you much in this situation unless you can get the "owners" who still have the papers to turn them over to you. If you know their name, it is still worth giving APHA a call and sending photos in so they can match him and put a flag on those papers. At least APHA will know they have a dispute.

You can however register him with the Pinto Horse Association for less than $100. They have many great showing opportunities too.

ETA:
If he was actually rescued by a recognized group or seized by governmental authority, APHA may transfer the papers to you if you can show them the rescue/seizure documents.

Thank you this was wonderful information! I will most sertainly look into this! Thank you Thank you !!!

phoenix heartbeat 02-21-2011 07:08 PM

you can show him without his papers. I think the only time you need prof of reg. is at APHA shows and maybe some breed specific classes? I've never been asked for prof of breed when showing in breed classes at local schooling shows and B rated shows for Halter...But I would still check with the APHA and explain your situation they might just be able to help you!