The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Handmade Custom Saddle Pads (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/handmade-custom-saddle-pads-78891/)

RidingTowardsGrace 02-19-2011 12:37 AM

Handmade Custom Saddle Pads

Soon I will be offering Custom Saddle Pads (right now Im trying to figure out my workspace) and am just putting this out there to let everyone know.

I will be offering the following:
All-Purpose Saddle Pads- Starting at $30
Dressage Saddle Pads(Regular or Long)- Starting at $30
Shaped All-Purpose Saddle Pads- Starting at $25
Shaped Forward Seat Saddle Pads- Starting at $22
Shaped Close Contact Saddle Pads- Starting at $25
Shaped Dressage Saddle Pads- Starting at $30

Half Pads: (All Starting at $17)
Medium Sized Dressage ( 20 1/2" Long)
Large Sized Dressage (22" Long)
Medium All-Purpose (20 1/2" Long)
Large All-Purpose (22" Long)

I may be offering Western Saddle Pads in the future, as well as Trail Pads with pockets, and a Quarter Sheet. Let me know if anyone would be interested in me offering those as well. Or if you have an idea for something else, let me know.

The prices are at that as the starting price, due to the general cost of fabric, as well as the batting and binding(trim)

Thicker Pads will be more expensive than thinner ones, obviously.

Girth Straps- Add $2
Billet Straps- Add $3 (tell me if you would like velcro kind(preferred) or slots)
Possibly adding monogramming and embroidering.
All-purpose saddle pads will have a quilted stitch, and so will the Dressage.
None of the prices include shipping. I will try to get you the least expensive shipping as possible.
Payment will be via paypal.

You get to choose everything, right down to the color of the stitching.
The main fabric of the pad is probably going to usually be cotton, as well as the underside. If you would like a different material, please let me know so that I may figure out how much that will cost, as other materials are more expensive.

Whenever you order from me, I will personally draw out a sketch of your saddle pad (along with dimensions) and send you the photo so that we can be clear on what it is that you want.

Why am I doing this?
Well, for one thing, its FUN. I LOVE sewing! And I have way too much free time for my own good, so this will help. Please keep in mind that I AM a highschool student whom frequently gets exams and essays to write, so I may have to postpone sometimes. You will have to let me know if your order is a RUSH order. This may come at an extra cost of a few dollars if it is extremely soon.
Another reason I am doing this is because I have recently found out that I need new show boots. And I would like to buy them with my own hard earned cash, so this is to get me to my goal! Yay.

Anyways, my point is, please let me know here if you would like a slot to be saved for you right now and that way you will be one of the first I contact, and will have first priority when I make them.
Thanks!

Gidget 02-19-2011 01:07 AM

what are your half pads made out of?

RidingTowardsGrace 02-19-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 933370)
what are your half pads made out of?

Well what would you be interested in?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoofprints in the Sand 02-19-2011 11:59 AM

would you be interested in making a saddle pad that's all purpose and fluffy like those Poly Pads are? How much would you charge? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Gidget 02-19-2011 12:16 PM

well I was wondering what you made a half pad out of ..what are the materials you use.I may be interested later on..right now I'm broke but was curious.

RidingTowardsGrace 02-19-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofprints in the Sand (Post 933649)
would you be interested in making a saddle pad that's all purpose and fluffy like those Poly Pads are? How much would you charge? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

When you say fluffy, do you mean it's really cushioned, or fluffy, as in the fabric? I can do an all purpose saddle pad and just make is really cushioned easily (even if you want certain areas more cushioned than others). The cost is determined from how cushioned you would like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

RidingTowardsGrace 02-19-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 933667)
well I was wondering what you made a half pad out of ..what are the materials you use.I may be interested later on..right now I'm broke but was curious.

Well it depends on what you purpose for it will be. If it's going to be used in place of a riser pad or wither pad then I can look into foam, but if you just want one in general, then the filler.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gidget 02-19-2011 05:50 PM

oooohhh okay. I am looking for something to had more cusion to my horses wither shoulder area

RidingTowardsGrace 02-19-2011 06:11 PM

I can do it, but ill have to go look at how much the foam will cost, or whatever material you would like :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoofprints in the Sand 02-19-2011 06:30 PM

The poly fill that's in the Poly Pads is what I'm referring to.
Posted via Mobile Device