The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   My life as a beginner rider. :P (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/my-life-beginner-rider-p-78899/)

howsecrazy 02-19-2011 06:03 AM

My life as a beginner rider. :P

3 Attachment(s)
Hey My name is Ella, I am horseless and live in Australia. My best friends do own horses and i try and ride them when i can :) I am starting this now, though i have been riding many times before and was just thinking today that i should start a riding journal.

My story begins, when i was little all i wanted was a pony :P My God parent's daughter owns a huge property only an hour away from were i live, My family took me out there ( I was six or so) and they taught me how to sit and just walked me around. I am now 13 turning 14 and Love riding, Sadly we just dont have the money for a horse though my best friends do. I will start this diary by introducing my friends horses so that you know who they are when i say names.

Padi ( zoe's horse)
Chinga (maddies horse, bay)
Boonah (olivia's horse though i dont ride him as he is a very fast going horse)

Ok so i cant remember exactly what i have done when i rode this year though the next few posts will be what i can remember happened. :P Enjoy

howsecrazy 02-19-2011 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
January 20th 2011-

To day i rode padi and just did some simple work on her, walk and trot. I didn't jump today as i didn't feel like going there :)

howsecrazy 02-19-2011 06:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
February 4th-
Today I rode padi again, though we did not want to ride her in a saddle see we rode bareback. We did this to get to know the horse, to see how it really feels when she is trotting and walking and also to have fun :P This was also to see how hippy we could make our selves look :)

howsecrazy 02-19-2011 06:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
February 18th
As you may have noticed i ride around every second week :) Today I was actually not meant to be riding, I was at my friends house and when we were in her pool i noticed a paddock one house across from her's. It was zoe's! So we called zoe and met up with her, as when we did this we were still in our togs and were wet so we watched zoe ride padi and olivia ride boonah for a bit. When zoe got tired so she got of and told us to get on. I hoped on padi and it was a bit uncomfortable as when i would try and kick my inside leg would rub against the strips so i wore zoe chaps. Then after i walked padi around i jumped and trotted her and it was amazing. Also unexpectedly when we were walking back to wash and feed the horses padi wanted to get back soon so she took of (while is was on here) in a canter. Then olivia dropped her dressage saddle to stop us. I had a lot of fun today and i am very happy with myself as normally zoe would have to lead me into a trot though today even in togs i did it by my self. :)

howsecrazy 02-19-2011 07:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
February 19th
Today was one of the best days of my LIFE.
Zoe and i headed down to the paddock at around 5pm with olivia. When we got there we saddled the horses up and went for a ride. First i saddled and lead Padi out to the area were we where riding and zoe hoped on to warm her up. Then i got on and i got a full lesson. Were to keep my hands, were my arms need to me, keep my heals down ALWAYS. Then i did some trotting and jumping and after yesterdays canter I had toled myself that if I'm ready I want to learn how to canter. So I would ride in an oval, jump the straight, turn, jump the cross, kick, and canter! It was amazing the first few times i stopped or we only did a few beats. But by the end of the day i could go two full rounds in a canter. It was AMAZING. I love it :) Though i only have videos of my cantering.

howsecrazy 02-26-2011 04:15 AM

Today, I got to go and see nugget (zoes other horse) as she i sleasing him to another girl and she needed some help so i walked on him, then at five we went to there paddock and i watched zoe abit and then i got on. I had a sore hip so i only rode a little bit. I trotted around and jumped then i cantered. We worked on my canter and i am trying to learn how to canter with out bouncing and without my foot moving out of the stirrups! I need to be able to Trot and Canter properly without any of that happening and doing it properly before i work on jumping. Though i love horse riding and its good i even have friends with horses other wise i wouldn't be here typing this. :) Ohh and just to say CHINGA comes back tomorrow to anyone that know chingazmyboy (chinga has been at there farm because of all the rain we have had.)

howsecrazy 03-12-2011 07:18 AM

05-03-11
Today Zoe, olivia and I were planing on going to Pony Club excpet for this bad weather we are having it was cancelled. So we went for a quick ride instead. And when I say quick I mean quick, we saddled up and jumped on, I rode for a little bit and then the wind picked up and it started raining.. Though Im happy i rode at all today :)

howsecrazy 03-12-2011 07:20 AM

12-03-11
Today I went to the paddock with zoe to do my english asignment (photo's), so we did them and then we rode bare back in joddies and washed the horses and just hung around. Then our other friend olivia came and they tacked up and there instructer came over and gave them a lesson. I watched and after that I rode :) it was so much fun.. though i will post some photos tomorrow :)

Hidalgo13 03-12-2011 08:07 AM

Seems like you have a lot of fun! :) You're lucky you have friends with horses! ;)

howsecrazy 05-28-2011 10:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry i haven't been on here for a while though a few weeks ago i received a jumping lesson from my friend Maddie on the 25-04.