The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Where is your favorite trail riding ? (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/where-your-favorite-trail-riding-7892/)

ColleenT 04-14-2008 10:28 AM

Where is your favorite trail riding ?

Where is your favorite place to trail ride? for me it is Jacobsburg State Park in Windgap PA. the trails are kept clean, they are well groomed, you can ride over small bridges or go thru streams, there are about 18 miles of trails to ride on.

PoptartShop 04-14-2008 11:06 AM

At my barn, they have like sooo many acres of trails; it's really beautiful! :D I like it 'cause it's close by. But I'd love to go somewhere new & explore the trails, that'd be really fun. :)

ColleenT 04-14-2008 01:08 PM

where is you barn? are you in the USA? you don't have to give specifics, just wondering what part of the world..what state..

PoptartShop 04-14-2008 01:28 PM

Oh lol I'm in Delaware, USA.

Skivvers 04-14-2008 03:44 PM

I like to trail ride at my barn, there are hills, streams a few cross country jumps and the trails are nice and wide so you don't get scraped by trees. I would love to explore other trails too. We travel to a couple places for overnight trail riding.

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-14-2008 04:26 PM

We trail ride here at home mostly, but then we have 7000 acres to ride on too :D Its a cattle ranch and there are hills and creeks lots of woods in the valleys...I'll have to go up to a hill top and take a pic to show you guys...I'm not braggin' please don't take it that way. I consider myself to be supremely blessed to have opportunity to live here!!!
http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/35...out_back_1.jpg

This isn't a very good pic, this is where the house sits looking off the back porch into the valley where we live. God is good. :wink:

PoptartShop 04-14-2008 04:48 PM

That's awesome Dumas! :D
Yeah, the trails @ my barn are very wide too. We have a lot of XC jumps, & logs, which makes it a lot of fun. It's beautiful. Next time I go on a trail I shall bring my camera! :)
We have a few hills here too, it's good for the horses to go up & down hills. :)

ColleenT 04-14-2008 10:17 PM

7000 acres is BLESSED. i hope you really do know that. where i am, we have lost a ton of land to NYC people moving over and commuting. it is all gone. now you can't even ride thru a neighbors property. all the farmers had to sell out, b/c they were overtaxed. it was horrible- IS horrible. if i could afford it, we'd move. Land is the most valuable asset right now. IF you can afford to buy land, get it cheap and hold on to it.

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-15-2008 09:50 AM

I really do know that!!!!! I AM BLESSED :wink: I have lived in the midwest my whole life! Iowa, Missouri, now Arkansas. I wouldn't know how to live in the "city". I try everyday to give thanks for what I have and where I 've come from.

I don't want to give the wrong impression here either, we do not OWN the 7000 acres, My husbands boss does and we get to live here! no lease, no rent. My hubby works his tail off to provide all this for his family and I am lucky enough to get to be a part of it all.

Not only do we have all this but being rural people there is no one out here that will say.. You can't ride your horse on this road or that road...We can ride into town...6mi away. We can ride to the creek on main roads...usually on the ditch lines but if we have to get on the road drivers are curtious and police don't care.

I never thought I'd be so happy in Arkansas...But I am!

PoptartShop 04-15-2008 12:17 PM

Aww that's great Dumas. :D
Yeah, I don't live in the city. But in my neighborhood we can't have horses. :( But there are a lot of places around here that are open, it's amazing! Especially in Maryland (I live close to Maryland), it's very rural.
But yeah, that's so cool! :)