The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Excited for Sporting Days! What shows do you all have coming up?!

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  eventerdrew 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I just did Paradise horse trials over the weekend and out of 24 horses, we ended up 4th with a score of 32.6!!! We were doing novice level, but on March 6th, I'm going to move up to training level at sporting days with Mouse and I am SO excited, we can do the stretching and extended trot at home, but not quite sure how he will be in the show ring since we both tense up. With that said, I'm not expecting a GREAT dressage score, I just want to get through the day without any problems!

What shows do you have coming up in the 2011 spring show season?!

#3 ·
March 12th- XC schooling at Flying Cross
March13th- Covered Bridge Combined Test (BN)
April 9th and 10th- Spring Bay Horse Trials (BN)
May (?)- MayDaze Horse Trials (N)

After that, not sure. and this is IF and only IF my horse stays sound!

#9 ·
I've got a couple of dressage comps coming up over the next couple of weekends. They'll be Bob's first official tests and have entered in both prelim and novice (first and second level in US???), he's never done a novice and last prelim was an unofficial day 3 years ago. It's a big ask for him but he's going so well at home I think he is ready.
Hopefully we'll qualify in those for State Champs which are in April. Fingers crossed!
In 2 weeks I've got a 2 day clinic with an interstate Grand Prix competitor, then a few smaller comps here and there before States if I get in. Going to be pretty busy over the next few months!!

#11 ·
Haha no joke re the training, I have pretty limited social life at the moment, if I'm not working on my horses' fitness/training I'm working on my own, or I'm reading up and watching as many clinic videos as I can to try and improve my knowledge.
I figure if you want to be serious about your riding, you have to put in the hard yards!!

#12 ·
you sound just like me! im only 16 and i became homeschooled so i could do school anywhere and focus on riding and be able to take days off without missing school! and all my friends dont get why id rather have a lesson or clinic or just ride instead of go party with them.I think im addicted to improving my riding!!! not like im a fantastic rider or anything but i like to think me and my silly free goober pony can compete against fancy and flashy expensive horses! But maybe our hard work will start to pay off this year--i have a feeling it will!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.