The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Possible Purchase 12yr old TB mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/possible-purchase-12yr-old-tb-mare-79130/)

Buckcherry 02-22-2011 08:59 AM

Possible Purchase 12yr old TB mare

Heres the link to her. Her owner gave me a little more information and were going to try to see her on friday.
She UTD on all her shots, coggins, teeth, and farrier.
She goes barefoot and is healthy and sound.
She only raced one time as a 2 yr old. No injuries from racing
Was going nicely at 2ft but it has been a couple years since shes been ridden regularly so she needs a refresher. No vices. And she was a great trail horse and will go out alone or in a group.
Thanks for any advice/critique

Beautiful 12 yr old Tbred mare for sale or free lease | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Speed Racer 02-22-2011 09:08 AM

I can only see the one picture, but she looks very well put together.

Hope she works out for you. :D

QHDragon 02-22-2011 07:26 PM

She's very cute! Best of luck with her.

hrsrdr 02-23-2011 05:35 PM

From the pictures I would say that she probably doesn't have a lot of experience in competitive or very athletic riding... The topline of her neck does not appear to be superbly muscled, so she probably hasn't had a lot of work coming round into the bit...also she doesn't really look like she has a ton of jumping experience and could be quicker with her knees. But I just have one jumping picture to base that off...I might be wrong. But she is very well put together...she has gorgeous conformation and a really kind expression. What would you be doing with her?

corinowalk 02-23-2011 06:13 PM

I like her a lot. She may not have the muscle that hrsrdr is talking about but she looks to have a nice thick athletic build to her. Nice shoulder, not too long pasterns. I think she would make a great hacking out companion! I am not experienced with jumping so I can't really say much on that.

Starlite 02-23-2011 06:15 PM

I LOVE her hind end. Very pretty young lady.

Buckcherry 02-23-2011 06:25 PM

My mom is looking for something to get back into riding with. But I will be get her back into shape.