The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I miss my Punkins!!!! (Rant w/ Pics.) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-miss-my-punkins-rant-w-79197/)

Dusty1228 02-22-2011 09:39 PM

I miss my Punkins!!!! (Rant w/ Pics.)

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, I'm posting this here because, well, no one else knows what I am going through right now. Only HORSE people know.
It's been a rough week, I won't go into specifics, but, just ROUGH and my car decided to take a crap after I spent all my money remodeling my kitchen. Go figure, right?

Oh, my car runs beautifully, don't get me wrong. But she's old and my rear passenger shock went through my wheel well since the underbody is so rusted out. It's a $1500.00 fix or a new car. So, I can drive it, but not out to the horses because there are crappy roads between here and there and as soon as I hit a bump my car is all over the road, no control whatsoever.

My horse babies are 22 miles away from me, essentially, on the other side of the world right now, a 45 minute drive...if you have a car.

So, I have gone from being out there 4 or 5 days a week to basically renting my best friend's truck on Sundays and possibly wednesdays for an hour or so.

Top this off with having just about the worst week in recorded history and bam! I'm toast. Plus my guilt issues about being a horrible, neglectful horse mommy.

I have an emergency credit card in case my horse gets sick, but I have no emergency funds for myself, again, go figure!

So, I'm posting pictures of what I would rather be doing right now and what I could really, really use. All I need is a big horsey hug right now and I can't get to my safe place with my boys.

So, I've resorted to carrying around the snippets of mane that I have clipped from them and pouting in my coffee.

All my non horse friends have their suggestions:

Grab a six pack and veg in front of the t.v.
Take a hot bath.
Cover your head and sleep it off.
Go for a run.
Turn on some loud music and sing along.

Well, I don't drink, I hate sitting in bath water, when I wake up my horses are gonna be just as far away, I don't run unless I'm working on ground manners and I only sing when I'm at the barn.

Am I pathetic or WHAT? If it weren't 23 degrees I swear I would WALK.
~Rant Over~
Still feeling sorry for myself.:-|

PintoTess 02-22-2011 10:58 PM

Oh sorry for you :(

CCH 02-22-2011 11:09 PM

:( I know how that feels. So here's all I can think of for things to do
watch some training videos/ read some articles
make a spring horse "cleaning" list to try some new washing/clipping/braiding techniques
make a goals list of issues you want to work on or things you want to accomplish and the little steps inbetween to get there
cook up some horse treats in the new fancy kitchen
online window shop for new horse items <---- my favorite thing to do :)

After that, I'm fresh out of ideas (except maybe hitch-hiking ;)

Dusty1228 02-22-2011 11:59 PM

PitnoTess: Thank you <3 I think I'll live, not sure yet :p

CCH: Now THERE'S a list I can use!
I have definitely been online window shopping, I never thought of looking up new wash/clip/braid techniques! Thanks, I can make a list THERE, too!

I would make horse treats, but, my contractor had a death in the family, therefore my floor isn't done, therefore, the stove and fridge are in my livingroom. Indefinitely. Told ya I was having a rough week, although, not as rough as my contractor, the poor guy, I feel so horrible for him.

Thanks for the advice and for sharing with me! I am excitedly checking out Youtube right now for new horsey hair styles!

PintoTess 02-23-2011 05:01 AM

Oh you WILL live I am sure of it! Anytime you want to chat, im here :D

Dusty1228 02-23-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PintoTess (Post 938098)
Oh you WILL live I am sure of it! Anytime you want to chat, im here :D

Look! You were right, I made it! Thanks for your support. HF is the ONLY place I can speak freely and have people understand, lol. Thanks a mill. I'll hit you up when I hit my next stage of withdrawals, ha-ha. For now, it's Wednesday, I has rented truck and will travel.
Thanks Again!!! <3 <3

PintoTess 02-23-2011 02:57 PM

Hahah :D Glad I helped (kinda)

Golden Horse 02-23-2011 03:29 PM

It's time to deep clean and repair all your tack, wash and sanitize your grooming kit, find your creative side and design stall plaques for them.

Go the good will and find some big fleece blankets and make clothes for your horses...I have zero skills, and no machine and I managed these

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...0206-00106.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...an26th2011.jpg

PintoTess 02-23-2011 10:23 PM

^^ Did you make these?

Golden Horse 02-23-2011 10:29 PM

YUP, the stripey one was a throw I bought from Wally World for $25, and it was beautifully tied in a ribbon, which was just long enough to bind the cut edges.

The blue one, well that was a blanket that my mum bought when I was a kid:lol::lol: That and an old shirt and I bought a couple of big rolls of ribbon for the binding, they were in a $2 bin, so I bought 2, and have only used a little so far, so have to find more projects to do.