The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   vet check! HELP! eye problem (READ!) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/vet-check-help-eye-problem-read-7923/)

Magic 04-15-2008 01:27 AM

vet check! HELP! eye problem (READ!)

Ok, so I have fallen in love with this horse, Passion Flower

6 yr old Hanoverian mare (she is green)

We had a vet check today and I was really dissapointed to learn that she has a small growth in her eye. He said it may or may not grow. I cannot see it at all and neither can anyone else with an untrained eye. Does anyone know about this? Should I keep looking for another horse? Should I go trough with the sale? Help!!!

She also came up with some mild arthritis in the hocks, but everyone I have talked to says thats common in most warmblood horses.

What does everyone think?

Thanks a zillion!!!

country_girl 04-15-2008 05:28 AM

it is pretty easy for me to say this but as much as u love her she will be costing u heaps of money so u should go through with the sale.
but a great cheap product to help with the arthritis is RAPIGEL
it is really good stuff and u can use it on human arthiritis aswell lol

Ryle 04-15-2008 11:06 AM

If you are questioning the vet's diagnosis on the eye, get a second opinion. If that is the only thing holding you back and you aren't sure about what the vet told you....get yourself more answer.

Unfortunatelyl, whithout more information on what the vet said the growth was, where exactly it was, etc we can't help you to know what to expect.

JustDressageIt 04-15-2008 11:53 AM

Re: vet check! HELP! eye problem (READ!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic
Ok, so I have fallen in love with this horse, Passion Flower

6 yr old Hanoverian mare (she is green)

She also came up with some mild arthritis in the hocks, but everyone I have talked to says thats common in most warmblood horses.

What does everyone think?

Thanks a zillion!!!

Mild arthritis at 6 years old?

um.. NO thank you.

Gingerrrrr 04-15-2008 11:56 AM

i think id pass honestly. you could find a better horse without all those things wrong. you never know, the growth could get bigger in the long run, his/her arthritis could worsen. she could end up costing u ALOT of money down road..

Magic 04-15-2008 12:02 PM

Thanks everyone, I will just keep looking I guess!