The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Beach Ride (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/beach-ride-7926/)

Rachluvshorses4eva 04-15-2008 03:02 AM

Beach Ride

Hey,
When me and my family went to Warnambool for Easter, my sister and I went on a hour and a half beach trial ride! IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOD! I loved it! I rode a horse called Tess. She was a chestnut, who stood at 15.2hh and she bucked once and kicked once. It was so good, cause we rode western (kinda) and cantered heaps! There was lots of hills and we rode in the water!!!!!!!!! We also went up this really steep hill, poor Tess. It was one of the best rides I've been on!
YAY!
Any others of ya's been on a beach trial ride?

love-a-hero 04-15-2008 06:12 AM

yerrrrp. I go there every month to work the show ponies and Hacks in the sand, to work on there muscel tone.... Good Fun.

Vidaloco 04-15-2008 07:42 AM

Nope we're about 1000 miles from the nearest ocean :( We go to our local lake but they don't allow horses in the swimming area. It sounds like fun though.

ColleenT 04-15-2008 08:05 AM

i always wondered if the deep sand was a problem, riding along the beach.do the horses sink down at all?

Kadiel 04-15-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco
Nope we're about 1000 miles from the nearest ocean :( We go to our local lake but they don't allow horses in the swimming area. It sounds like fun though.

1000miles!

Wow I would hate that. In 06 i was living with my boyfriend across the road from the beach. It was a smelly beach near the city.But It was nice seeing the ocean every morning. Though i Just love the water :P

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-15-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco

I've only been to the ocean once in my life and we were in Atlantic city NJ...didn't do any riding on the boardwalk! :wink:

I always thought it would be awesome rinding at the beach tho..

PoptartShop 04-15-2008 12:11 PM

I've never ridden on the beach before. :(
I'd love to someday, though! Yeah, I go to the Atlantic City beach once in awhile, but I don't even think they allow horses.

Britt 04-15-2008 02:16 PM

I've only been to the beach once in my life, and i've never ridden on the beach... I'd like to though... I've heard that it's really fun.

bakersuzie 04-16-2008 12:13 AM

I live about 50 miles from the beaches of North carolina so we used to go to the beaches all the time to ride...that is till all them thar "city slickers' started complaining about the horse "droppings on the beach. We have also had several storms that ruined the sand dunes at the beach so now they are trying to re-establish the dunes and the authorities won't allow horses or vehicles on the beaches in our area. The sand can be brutal on a horse that is not intip top shape.

Rachluvshorses4eva 04-18-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColleenT
i always wondered if the deep sand was a problem, riding along the beach.do the horses sink down at all?

Yeah, the do. It sinks them down, but then they get back up again