The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Designing my foal. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/designing-my-foal-79308/)

HopalongCassidy 02-24-2011 08:59 AM

Designing my foal.

OK, there is a website that say you can design your own foal. As in pick one of there stallions and then on of there mares. I have picked my stallion and mare. I don't know if i;ll get them breed but just wanted to know what Yall thought about the mare and stallion. What type of baby do you think will come out.

Just to let you know there is more then one mare. Can you tell me what you think about them and the stallion i picked?

Here's the Stallion:

Kid Lena

Here's the Mare:

1. Solanos Blue Jay
2. CV Golden Queen Bee
3. JS Lena Parti Sal

Islandmudpony 02-24-2011 05:21 PM

The stallion looks like a real sweetheart, like, I'd breed to him just based on temperment. I dunno if you wanna breed the 3rd mare to him. She's already got alot of the poco Bueno/Lena bloodline - some line breeding is good, too much gets risky.

HopalongCassidy 02-28-2011 03:35 PM

^^^ thanks for telling me that.

x Bustie and Alli x 02-28-2011 03:46 PM

The stallion is a good looker! The 3rd mare has produced some well built looking foals- I think she is meby my fav... or meby no 2... hehe all beautiful horses though!!!

SMCLeenie 03-05-2011 03:21 AM

I like number 2, 3 was also good and would probably be my second choice

Strange 03-07-2011 05:59 PM

I like the second mare, personally. And the first mare. Not so much the third.

Eliz 03-07-2011 06:40 PM

I like the grey mare the best

nrhareiner 03-07-2011 09:26 PM

First this is nothing new. I have been doing things like this for years. However I do not limit your stallion choice to ones I own. You can pick any stallion with in reason.

I do not like the way the stallion is crossed. I would also want to know his HERDA status.

As for the mares. Not sure I would use any of them. You will have more into this then what the foal will be worth really.

In the end it is up to each person and what they want out of a foal.