The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Not doing so well Today (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/not-doing-so-well-today-79316/)

mbender 02-24-2011 10:36 AM

Not doing so well Today

By this weekend, I will be loosing my best friend. My 23yr old Arab mare. She is so special to me. I am moving out of state next week and just can't take her with. My filly Misty will also be going to the same place but I will be back for her as soon as I am able. I will be on my own and will not be able to take care of two horses. Hard decision.

My Mare, will be going to a very good friend of mines daughter who is so attentive with her animals. She doesn't really want Lady (old mare) for anything really but a friend. She may ride her but nothing extensive. It makes me confident that Lady will be taken care of and that I can brighten a little girls world. But it still hurts.

My farrier came out yesterday and trimmed Misty for me as she had some bad front flares. I couldn't afford both girls and she did Lady for free. How humbling! What a great person to care that much! Will miss her! So I just wanted to share this and I will get through this. Just will be hard for awhile.
Posted via Mobile Device

mbender 02-24-2011 11:39 AM

Bumping this.
Posted via Mobile Device

HopalongCassidy 02-24-2011 12:02 PM

Well you have to do what you have to do. I like that your doing the right thing and letting her go instead of having her and not being able to take care of her. But what I've heard and read your not that kind of person. So the little filly. Hope everything works out for you two. I had to sale my first horse ever. I didn't want to but we didn't connect. That was nothing like your situation but i know the hurt. I hope this little filly will make you happy.

TaMMa89 02-24-2011 03:57 PM

I'm sorry that you needed to do that hard decision. I wish you good luck with all the things you need to deal at the moment.

At least she's in loving home and will have good care. Sometimes the most hardest decision is the most good for the ones we love.

tinyliny 02-24-2011 04:18 PM

I hope the young lady rides your mare 'cause 23, for an Arab, is just middle aged and should have many more miles on her. You are so lucky to have found a good home. Good luck on your new living situation.

mswp27 02-24-2011 04:34 PM

I couldn't imagine making the decision you had to make. I could never imagine losing my boy, Melvin. However, I would feel much better if I knew he was going to a good place and was getting taken care of. To me, that sounds like what is happening with your arab:) I'm so sorry you had to make this decision, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger:) Good luck:)

mbender 02-24-2011 05:43 PM

Thanks guys. Means a lot to me. I know I will hurt for awhile but knowing she is in good hands makes it so much better.
Posted via Mobile Device

A knack for horses 02-24-2011 05:47 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. But as you said, she is going to a good home to a little girl who will love her. Its hard losing a horse. *hugs*

dressagebelle 02-24-2011 07:06 PM

My boyfriend informed me that as he's getting his degree in a few days, he's now looking for jobs, and most of what he's found is not here, which means moving. I was really hoping to have the time to possibly be able to lease out my mare instead of selling her, but if we do move, there is no way I can take her with me. Its hard after putting that much time and effort into her, to sell her just because I am moving, but I know its better for her to find someone who has the time and the money to take care of her right. It does help knowing that your girl is going to a good home, but its still hard to not be able to go out and get hugs and spend time with her. I wish you the best of luck moving, and I hope that you enjoy where you are moving to. Just spend as much time as you can loving on your mare, and giving her treats before you leave.

lildonkey8 02-24-2011 07:30 PM

wait: when you go to sell your horse....if the person that is checking your horse out won't take good care of her/he, can't you say "ur not gonna buy my horse cuz i won't let ya" just curious.

SO sorry bender: hope she goes to a good home *big me hugs*