The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   I got my LVL 1 Parelli Dvd set!!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/i-got-my-lvl-1-parelli-7949/)

HorsesAreForever 04-15-2008 05:44 PM

I got my LVL 1 Parelli Dvd set!!!!!

IM SOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! I literally jumped up and down!! xD and the guys like wow Ur excited!! Im like oooo ya! lol and we just kinda both laughed! but ya!! ... Idk where 2 start tho .. do i watch the 1st dvd??? hmm

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-15-2008 08:25 PM

Thats SO cool...Watch the first one and let us know how it works!!! 8)

Then...(devious mind wheels spinning :idea: ) Let us know how it goes....step by step...with every detail...all the tips and tricks.....down to the letter...(insert evil laugh)....yea, yea...ya know..share with us! :twisted:

Ok really... let us know if is worth the money :wink:

Vidaloco 04-15-2008 08:28 PM

Does it still come with the checklist? If so I stuck mine on the fridge and literally checked off each step as I went along.

HorsesAreForever 04-15-2008 08:37 PM

Yup I got a check list! Im going threw the dvd and pocket guide now and since im going to the barn for the whole weekend im gonna have to know 2 different tasks to do. So on Saturday the 'only' thing im gonna do with her is 30 min quite time in the round pen! Im excited for this cause I think it will be really relaxing and its suppose to be a great weekend! :D after that ill spend some time grooming. Sunday Im gonna do a different task not sure what it is yet im still reading and watching lol. Ill keep my pocket guide with me so ill make sure im doing things right! I'll be sure to make some videos :) But im gonna have to replace the carrot stick and savvy string with either a lunge whip .. or i might use a crop and tie some string to the end :P Back to the dvd!

PoptartShop 04-15-2008 08:48 PM

Haha awesome. :D

Abby 04-15-2008 09:13 PM

Thats what I did too. I took my check list to the barn and checked each item off. :wink:

HorsesAreForever 04-15-2008 10:15 PM

I know what im gonna do over the weekend :D

Saturday: 30 min quite time in round pen.Work on body blocks if needed. Afterwards some long grooming/loving time :)

Sunday: 15-20 min quite time.. Since im gonna be useing a lungeing whip im gonna let her 'accept' it, show her i wont be hitting her or anything with it. Walk around and things with it. If she nips or gets in my space i'll work on body blocks. I dont have anyone at my barn I can practice with so, Im gonna have to practice when she does it. Maybe work on some leading in the driveway. Then Grooming.

-im skipping the whole practice controling the savvy string thing for now. If I see that I should practice then Ill practice it.

So we will be at lesson 4 by sunday - Having the horse accept the Carrot stick and savvy string In my case.. lunge whip.

The DVDs are pretty interesting and at some parts pretty funny. It gonna be tempting tomorrow to read/watch more! I had a problem stopping today lol!

Abby 04-15-2008 10:58 PM

IF you are going to use the lung whip as your carrot stick and savvy string be extremely EXTREMELY careful. A lung whip will spring around and create a lash effect VERY easily when you try to do the friendly game and other games with it. You have to be like10x gentler with it than you normally would with a carrot stick and savvy string.

I really wouldn't suggest it, maybe you should do it with a tree branch and a shoes string or some binder-twine, that would be much gentler and safer and keep you from accidentally hurting her and setting you back.

Spirithorse 04-16-2008 12:06 AM

How exciting!! If you follow the program step by step and don't deviate from it you will be sure to have success :) It's a wonderful program.

I agree with Abby, you need to be EXTREMELY careful if you are going to use a lunge whip. I really wouldn't suggest it. And if at any point you have to tag your horse in future play session in other tasks the lunge whip will sting where the savvy string would not. You could upset her. IMO there is no substitute for a good carrot stick.

HorsesAreForever 04-16-2008 04:13 AM

hmm could I use a crop with some string on the end???