The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   a couple of my big kids (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/couple-my-big-kids-7952/)

Dave 04-15-2008 09:20 PM

a couple of my big kids

stormy 1 bad bad horse i week before this was taken he had baddly hurt 5 people trying to put halters or lead ropes on him he was just plain mean http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/2464_family_040_1.jpg

free_sprtd 04-15-2008 09:49 PM

ahh poo. too bad he's mean, cuz he's very handsome!

Dave 04-15-2008 10:02 PM

stormy

Sorry i didnt put the rest of his profile in there he is now one sweet boy . is very good under saddle handles with a bitless bridle neck reins slideing stops but as of right now im the only one that can put a leg over him and stay there he is great with me but god help anyone that trys to ride him but me. he will do anything i want but let another rider on

Dave 04-15-2008 10:21 PM

mustangs

free_sprit check out the mare in the blood lines section thats my mare REIATIA

JustDressageIt 04-15-2008 11:51 PM

Cute! Love the picture! Congrats!

Dave 04-16-2008 12:15 AM

my kids

Why thankyou jdi he is plain ugly so the hat does help his looks a bit more then mine. Iput it on him because that was what broke his barrier to people when i went to get him they run him in a round pen and i went in the pen to rope him and he came for me . and i threw my hat at him he stopped like he was scared to death and i walked right up to him put the lead and my berry pully bridle on him and worked him 1.5 hours in there pen and backed the trailer up and he walked right in never been loaded before that time and he and i have been buddys since i rode him for the first time anyone had ever been on his back just 1 week later . and broke him to buggy 3 months after that he loves to learn and play with me he will reach around and pull the saddle pad off his back and shake the heck out it then toss it at me like saying ok now put it back on its fliffed up now he is a funny boy for being so dam mean before then fact is he was heading to the killers when we bought him

Vidaloco 04-16-2008 08:45 AM

Thats says a lot about your training/gentling methods Dave. Good job :!: I think he is a fine looking fellow.

Dave 04-16-2008 10:24 AM

stormy

thankyou vida for the compliments. It was a job that i wanted to do the minuate i first saw this boy, and the only issue he has now is i cant get him to understand that my wife loves him to she can lead him around do anything with him but ride him he just dosent allow anyone else to get on if you try he will reach around and grab you by the buttt and sling you across the lot if you tie him and do get in the saddle well you best have a bunch of super glue cause he is going to get you off no matter how if he cant buck you off he will lay down an roll anything to get you off then i step in the saddle and off we go like a old pro trail horse so i cant sell him or give him away guess im stuck with the crow bait but he is a good one to do a hard ride on just aint pretty but neither am i went to town on him the other day people didnt know whih was the horse or ride

Dumas'_Grrrl 04-16-2008 12:02 PM

Dave, I'm glad you're here... I appreciate your wisdom and enjoy your sence of humor! :wink: