The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Stable Management Certification? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/stable-management-certification-79612/)

Salila 02-27-2011 10:50 AM

Stable Management Certification?

Alright, I've been looking for online courses and such for certifications and/or degrees in the equine field. Being as I would like, at some point in the future, to start a rescue and boarding stable, I would like to have some educational background in Stable Management.

I found a place that is an all online, study at your own pace sort of thing, and it's a certification course for Stable Management. It's a total of 10 required courses, and 2 electives, and each course costs $275, not including the cost of the books or the materials needed (since it's online, I need a way to take video, which I already have, for the instructors to review, and any other miscellaneous objects that I don't have currently, such as a pair of clippers.) Of course, books can be ordered from cheaper places than their website, like Amazon. Minus the extras, it's a total of $3,300 dollars.

The link is: Equine Studies Institute - Certified Professional Riding Instructor

So anyways, I've got a few questions for people here:

1. Have you any experience with this program, or any of their programs?
  2. If so, what was it like? Were the lessons decent and detailed? Was everything fair?
  3. For those of you just looking over the link and reading, what are your thoughts?
  4. As a stable owner, would you be likely to hire someone who completed the Stable Management course? What if they have horse owner ship experience and have completed the course, but haven't yet held a Management position?

That is all. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Salila 02-27-2011 12:08 PM

Ach. I do not see a way to edit the OP, but I gave you all the wrong link. Not wanting to be a riding instructor (I honestly don't see how you can learn to be a riding instructor online, anyways...) I'm after this: Equine Studies Institute - Certified Professional Riding Instructor

Salila 02-28-2011 01:12 PM

bumpity bump