The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Bye Bully! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/bye-bully-7962/)

Cheval 04-15-2008 11:28 PM

Bye Bully!

Bully, an older Appendix gelding is leaving me! I don't own him, but we became friends in the past few months. Anyhow, I'll miss him a ton. Luckily, he's going to the perfect home (a barn, turnout, and a older man who will only walk on him!) and I get to visit him. He's leaving in a few weeks.
By Mr. Bullwinkle!

JustDressageIt 04-15-2008 11:34 PM

Awe, Cheval, that's sad... at least he's going to a great home!

Cheval 04-15-2008 11:40 PM

That's what I keep thinking. Thanks for the support!

PoptartShop 04-15-2008 11:50 PM

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. :(
But yeah, he is going to a nice home, & that's what counts!

Stubborn1 04-16-2008 07:26 AM

Awww how sad, but good for you that you can visit. It is so sad when we get attatched to a horse and for some reason or another have to say goodbye.

Vidaloco 04-16-2008 08:37 AM

Its a good thing :D Its tough I know, but be happy for him. All horses need someone to love them and take care of them. Sounds like he is going to a lovely place where he will be well cared for. Bye Bully, enjoy your new home.

kim_angel 04-16-2008 09:43 AM

awww. I'm glad at least you will get to see him.

When I was a teenager, I took care of other people's horses for 25.00 a week so I could have extra money to buy things for my own horse. But there are two that I took care of that i became extrememly attached to.

One was a large black QH gelding named Big Mack. He was awesome. I loved him very much. The owner "traded" him in for a smaller horse - and Mack ended up going to auction from what I heard. *cries* :cry:

The other was this wild crazy mare. She was un-named. The owner bought her and could never catch her. She was on 50 acres and in a herd of 25 horses. It was my job to feed, brush and ride her. haha. Well it took a few weeks but we made friends and I was able to do anything with her. The owner didnt want to be bothered with her but then would be mad because he couldnt do anything with her. One day while I was in school, the got a few guys on horseback with lasso's, roped her and sent her off to auction. Very sad. :(

I miss both of them a lot. And its been over 20 yrs now since they have been gone from my life.

Cheval 04-16-2008 11:03 PM

Oh, Angel, that's horrible about the horse going to auction.

Thanks everyone!