The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Eventing opinion (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/eventing-opinion-79650/)

wafflestheunicorn 02-27-2011 08:27 PM

Eventing opinion

Allrighty i was just a-wondering what different diciplines think of eventing. just wondering. give your HONEST opinion or opinion of other people in you dicipline i wont be insulted. if you are un sure of what eventing is go to Eventing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
state:
1. disipline
2. opinion
thanks so much i was just curious!

Hunterjumper7654 02-27-2011 09:30 PM

I'll bite. I think the riders and horse's have BALLZ!!!!
I admire both horse and riders as I am just starting my hunter jumper/jumper career and I'm loving it. My parents would never let me do XC even at lower levels all though i'd love to try it. I believe the horse's are all one of a kind but the high level horse's are a truly angels sent to please. They have to be faced with anything and say "Ok, we got this."
Also this may sound novice of me but what is a retention harness?

wafflestheunicorn 02-27-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterjumper7654 (Post 943796)
I'll bite. I think the riders and horse's have BALLZ!!!!
I admire both horse and riders as I am just starting my hunter jumper/jumper career and I'm loving it. My parents would never let me do XC even at lower levels all though i'd love to try it. I believe the horse's are all one of a kind but the high level horse's are a truly angels sent to please. They have to be faced with anything and say "Ok, we got this."
Also this may sound novice of me but what is a retention harness?

something for standard bred racing. not too sure though.

NorthernMama 02-27-2011 10:55 PM

I bush ride mostly. Eventing? Eventers? You're all absolutely NUTS! And how I envy the ability to take those risks with yourself and your horse. And the drive to learn the skills needed to minimize those risks.

But I still think you're all as nutty as bungee jumpers, parachuters and dog sledders! :) :)

NorthernMama 02-27-2011 10:56 PM

Retention Harness
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflestheunicorn (Post 943805)
something for standard bred racing. not too sure though.

No -- they are referring to the helmet harness system to keep the helmut on.

Opus 02-28-2011 01:33 AM

1. Hunter (Equitation)
2. I love xcountry and I love how versatile the horses and riders have to be to go from dressage to cross country to the stadium jumping. For me, personally, it's a bit too much to take in all at once -- I'd get stressed having to focus on three separate disciplines. I like being able to perfect one thing at a time.

wafflestheunicorn 02-28-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernMama (Post 943920)
Retention Harness

No -- they are referring to the helmet harness system to keep the helmut on.

oops! i had no clue! thanks for correcting me!

equiniphile 02-28-2011 05:37 PM

I'm hoping to do eventing with Excel, I have some problems with riding in that I don't really feel fear galloping across a thousand acre field and jumping all the way :lol:

wafflestheunicorn 03-01-2011 08:28 PM

Go eventing!!!

SMCLeenie 03-03-2011 03:34 PM

I have always wanted to do eventing, I think it is amazing.