The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Performing Equitation Patterns, Flat (Saddleseat) Patterns (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/performing-equitation-patterns-flat-saddleseat-patterns-7966/)

Jrchloe 04-16-2008 01:34 AM

Performing Equitation Patterns, Flat (Saddleseat) Patterns

I host the ****insert word here**** website. I am researching an article I am wanting to write on correctly performing circles and half circles (figure 8s and serpentines). As trainers and riders is there anything you would like to see in the article? What would you like to see stressed and are there any details you would like to see covered? How would you explain how to perform figure 8s and serpentines correctly? Anything helpful will be appricated. If you do have any suggestions please just write what you know and don't worry about knowing anything about Saddleseat Equitation (we don't jump and the patterns are like very basic dressage).

I know how to do the patterns and I have helped other people learn them. I just want to make sure I am making some clear, consise, with easy to use information for any saddleseat rider and since I don't know everything (haha) it would be great with input from other very knowledgable people. I love doing the website and researching articles because even though I no longer have a show horse I get to learn so much by researching and talking to other equitation riders/instructors that its still like taking lessons and being around horses and trainers.

Thank you for your help.

I

Jrchloe 04-21-2008 01:11 AM

Does no one have any knowledge they would like to share?

JustDressageIt 04-21-2008 01:27 AM

What about tips and tricks for counter canter leads, or just getting the correct lead period while on a pattern?

Jrchloe 04-28-2008 03:03 AM

What is the purpose of counter cantering in a circle? Us saddleseat people are always taught that its a no no so we don't practice it.