The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will He Work, I need yalls help

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Horse 
#1 ·
this is a video of my new bay gelding 14.3hh 16yrs old. (not me riding previous owner) i wanna use him as a trick riding horse what do yall think,
do you think he looks and seems good enough to be a trick riding horse he rides really good...
tell me what yall think

#6 ·
I honestly think you need to reconsider trying to use your horse as a trick riding mount. I have seen many trick riding exhibitions over the years. Have you had any instruction, lessons or such with a trainer? Do you know what the "Suicide Drag, Statue of Liberty or Roman Riding" are in detail?

#10 ·
I have no idea what makes a good trick riding horse. That horse strikes me as quite ordinary. Is that a good thing for trick riding?
The rider did not know how to ride well and the horse had a very defensive posture to his back and neck. Judgeing from the shape of the neck, this is a long time habit and will be hard for you to change. however, if you do succeed in getting that horse moving with its' neck down and some engagement of it's hindquarters , you will certainly be doing it a kindness.

(ps I would have chosen the Appalousa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.