The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Spring time= bath time yay! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/spring-time%3D-bath-time-yay-79904/)

Gizmo 03-02-2011 12:44 PM

Spring time= bath time yay!

So what does everyone like to use for shampoo and conditioners, sponges, and sprayers. As well as spray shines and detanglers.

Personally I love cowboy magic. I used to use Rio Vista but I don't think they make it anymore. But Cowboy Magic is awesome, it smells so good I love the detangler It works magic. But I saw this thing called the Ezall and I was wondering if anyone has used that at all. It seems neat because you hook the hose right up to the bottle and spray and don't have to do any scrubbing which seems like a wicked time saver :) Which is a plus, and you don't get a bath too! lol Can you use any shampoo and condition with that though or does it have to be the Ezall stuff, though I have heard their shampoo stuff is super good. Clinton Anderson backs it anyways.

MN Tigerstripes 03-02-2011 12:47 PM

You can tell I'm crabby. I saw your thread title and thought "where the heck does she live that it's spring and time for baths!!" We still have several feet of snow/ice on the ground. Woke up this morning to -6....

Gizmo 03-02-2011 12:57 PM

Lol, sorry, we do too and its 0 out right now. But I am thinking ahead. I am crossing my fingers that the end of March all this, excuse my language, crap is gone and there will be green grass on the ground and 60 plus degrees. I am really hoping and praying anyways.

MN Tigerstripes 03-02-2011 12:58 PM

Me too!!

Gizmo 03-02-2011 01:04 PM

Ugh I am so sick of it, it has been the worst winter in a long time. So I am now in the spring mindset and hoping that will make it come faster, lol

DubyaS6 03-02-2011 02:58 PM

Its 74* here today!!

Sorry...had to!

Alwaysbehind 03-02-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN Tigerstripes (Post 947538)
You can tell I'm crabby. I saw your thread title and thought "where the heck does she live that it's spring and time for baths!!" We still have several feet of snow/ice on the ground. Woke up this morning to -6....

My thoughts exactly! (Though it is not that cold here.)

Walkamile 03-02-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN Tigerstripes (Post 947538)

Exactly what I was thinking! And, to make matters worse, it is snowing as I post this. Just minutes ago it was sunny and warm! I am soooooo depressed. I have a clinic on the 19th this month. I may have to hand walk Walka there as the trailer is buried in snow.

Now getting to what I will use to bathe eventually. I'm cheap. I use mane and tail shampoo and conditioner, but use Farouk's Silk Therapy (very pricey) on the tails and manes afterward. Being appys, I do everything I can to keep those hairs healthy and attached to them! :lol:

AspendaleFarm 03-03-2011 07:39 AM

Ugh, this is one I've never given any thought to!!! I just buy the prettiest bottle that is mid-priced and go with it! LOL! Are there really differences between products?

Sunny 03-03-2011 08:04 AM

Our high was 77*F last week. :lol:

I am so excited about giving Sun her first bath of the year.
I like Gallop shampoos, and Mane 'n Tail conditioners. I use my jelly scrubber as the bathe tool.
Posted via Mobile Device