The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   show hunter pony? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/show-hunter-pony-800/)

moomoo 02-21-2007 02:53 PM

show hunter pony?

:D what qualities are needed for show hunter pony?
thanks x x x

barnrat 02-21-2007 05:36 PM

I would love to know the answer to this as well. !!! so please somebody who is smart, come help us!!!

showpony@heart 02-25-2007 01:04 AM

Well show hunter ponies are meant to be heavier boned than open ponies, well mannered, capable of doing an easily controlled hand gallop, correct conformation and basically are meant to have the ability to go out "hunting".

Anyone feel free to add anything else.

horsecrazy15 02-25-2007 09:28 AM

and they must be good with children when there been ridden by the child and yea i agree with showpony@heart tey shoudl have good confirmation like any show pony shoud.

twinkle_toes 12-31-2007 07:08 PM

a good mover and tidy over jumps

Frog 01-01-2008 05:47 AM

And to top it all off, they should still have the quality of a show horse.

Most welshies, and the heavier Australian ponies and Riding ponies are what are going around over here in Oz. With the welsh and welsh x usually taking the honours

Magic 01-04-2008 03:45 AM

Re: <span style=

A good size is important. The pony must fit the rider well. The pony must also be verryyy well behaved and appear easy to ride.

Cheval 01-04-2008 10:30 PM

Re: <span style=

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic
A good size is important. The pony must fit the rider well. The pony must also be verryyy well behaved and appear easy to ride.

Yes.
Also, they have to not really look at the jumps at all. Just sail over them easily (most hunter-jumps have flowers).

twinkle_toes 01-05-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Also, they have to not really look at the jumps at all.
Most recognized hunter shows don't allowing schooling over the jumps so your class is your only chance.

Cheval 01-06-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkle_toes
Quote:

Also, they have to not really look at the jumps at all.
Most recognized hunter shows don't allowing schooling over the jumps so your class is your only chance.

No, I didn't mean it like that. I meant they shouldn't be looking down at the jump, or be very curious/nervous over it.