The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Farm Still-Life Photos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/farm-still-life-photos-80031/)

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 03-03-2011 11:11 PM

Farm Still-Life Photos

6 Attachment(s)
Okay, well I am not sure if this is the right area to post these pics?
They are not of horses, but kind'a, sort'a related though.
I enjoy walking around our place at different times of the year and snapping random things.
Thought I would share, thanks for looking!

Oh, this first one is just of a display I made for an antique saddle that has been in the hubby's family for a long time...
Attachment 57108

Attachment 57111

Attachment 57113

Attachment 57114

Attachment 57115

Attachment 57116

tinyliny 03-03-2011 11:46 PM

I like the outhouse best. The still life might be more interesting if you manipulated the lighting, hm m m like having a floodlight or using one source from the side or adding a candle . it looks really flat right now.
Sometimes lighting that is flat is desireable, but if so, then the composition or colors must be really strong.

I like color and comp of the outhourse picture. Might make a cute Christmas card, especially with some sort of cute verbage.

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 03-04-2011 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol: That's so funny!
I did make a Christmas card out of it....
It is one of my favorites as well, I have the whole "Outhouse Seasonal Changes" series, LOL!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 03-04-2011 02:18 AM

tinyliny, I also started a thread of "Flora" pics in the Hobbies section of the Forum (very confused about where to post non-horse type pics?)
If you are interested....:wink:
http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/fl...33/#post949587

You are right about the flatness of that photo, it was just a quick snap shot I took, but ended up liking. Maybe I will take the time to play with some lighting and snap some new ones some day soon.

tinyliny 03-04-2011 02:27 AM

love the Christmas card!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 03-04-2011 02:30 AM

Thanks very much!

csimkunas6 03-04-2011 09:15 AM

LOVE them!!!! They are all beautiful!! Love the different shots of the wheel...and that display for the saddle, is amazing!!

sixlets 03-04-2011 10:08 AM

The wheel pictures look like a Christmas card! And in that first picture, I love those boots, where did you get them?

dirtymartini 03-04-2011 02:14 PM

Very pretty shots! I am just now starting to have a bit of an interest in photography, but only things that I have a "feeling" for like things in my yard, or my pets. Not humans (not even my child or hubby...isn't that awful?)

I love the outhouse...is that yours? I also really like the saddle. I wish I could find a pretty western saddle that is all blinged out with a lot of silver on it...I want to put that in a corner of the house and just leave it like a piece of art. Of course, I don't want to pay tons of money for the saddle, and they are expensive, so that's why I haven't done it yet!

I saw a coffee table book recently, all pretty pictures of cool western saddles. Love that concept.

I also like the wheel in the snow!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 03-04-2011 04:28 PM

Thanks csimkunas6!
I hated to just store that little antique saddle with the rest of our tack, thought it needed something special....

sixlets, thanks!
Oh, I love those boots too. They have that
"little house on the prairie" look. :lol:
I have had them for over 20 years.
I use to wear them all the time, I could not part with them, so now they are spending their retirement years on display. LOL!

dirtymartini, that is so funny, I am the same way.
I have literally thousands of pics of all my critters, wildlife, and nature shots.
But very, very few of people. The only time I take people pics are when there is some thing special going on....
:wink:

Yes, everything is on our property. The outhouse is actually an old smokehouse that my old farrier had. He thought I was silly wanting it, he was going to chuck it! :shock:
But every one who sees it up here loves it. I think it is fun!

Oh, and it also serves a purpose, it is sitting over our well head, and I also store a few things in there too!