The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Moving boarding barns, YAY! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/moving-boarding-barns-yay-80084/)

MacabreMikolaj 03-04-2011 01:25 PM

Moving boarding barns, YAY!

Hopefully anyway! Basically, I'm in a position right now where I make good money and I can afford my horses and my truck payments, but I don't own my own house. I have 5 years of payments on my truck, and only about a year of certain living arrangements. So in the process of considering breeding Zierra, I realized that if I want to fast track my life and get serious, I would actually have to NOT breed Zierra AND sell Jynx on top of it, to save money on her board and get my truck paid off in 2 years.

We moved to Birds Hill Park a year ago, and while I love the trails, I am SICK of the barn. It's a commercial enterprise for idiot city slickers to come and pretend to be country and annoy all of us. Half the help is useless and has been caught mistreating our horses. They feed moldy hay and we get treated with total disrespect. I've had to pay extra for a box stall and feed because of Jynxy's weight problem thanks to their crummy feed. The only reason we stayed? The cheapest arena available, that's dusty 24/7, frozen in winter and going to be FLOODED in spring because it's a POS. We've barely used it and it's hotter then Hades in summer, with NO outdoor ring. Between Zierra's outdoor board, Jynxy's box stall and food, I am paying $545 a month for two horses. By selling Jynx, I calculated I'd save $250 a month in board.

I found an AWESOME place! It has no indoor arena, but it has a heated barn and EIGHTY ACRES of beautiful grass and room for my beloved girls to be HORSES again (they're stuck in itty bitty clay paddocks and haven't seen grass in a year). Outdoor board is only $150 a month, so I'd be saving $245 a month, THE COST OF SELLING JYNX AND SAVING ON BOARD. They're only a couple miles from the place we board now, so we still have access to the trails (I have a truck and trailer anyway). I chatted to the woman for half an hour and she sounds AMAZING. She breeds Warmbloods and rides Dressage, and is fairly well known in the community (hear her name a lot).

We go see it on Sunday, and unless something shocking pops up, will be moving as of April!

Old place:
Birds Hill Park Ranch
(prices changes as of March 1, everything went up $15)

New place:
Mystic Tails Ranch - Manitoba Trakehner & Sport Horse Breeding, Boarding & Sales Destination

I AM SO EXCITED, EEEEEE!!!!! I can't STAND my horses not having grass! I want them to be free and happy again!

gaelgirl 03-05-2011 03:01 AM

Sounds great! Good luck.

MIEventer 03-05-2011 10:28 AM

Congratulations on the move! I hope it works out for you, and your plan sounds like a good one. The new place looks beautiful!

MacabreMikolaj 03-06-2011 10:43 AM

Going to see it this morning, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *bounces* LOL

kitten_Val 03-06-2011 11:46 AM

I hope you'll like new place. $250 saving is very good IMHO, and if you'll like the place then definitely go for it!

Carleen 03-06-2011 12:08 PM

The new place looks so nice! Congrats!

MacabreMikolaj 03-06-2011 10:02 PM

*SQUEALS*

OMFG. It's SO amazing! It's very quaint and small key, she's only got a couple boarders and then her Trakehner youngsters (3 year olds). There's about 9 horses in total there now? They're split into two pens right now, but she has at least 20+ acres or so fenced into the back. Her barn is brand new, with 9 stalls (2 of them massive foaling size) and a tack room. Heated, with mats everywhere, hot and cold running water.

The owners are absolutely amazing, the woman made us friggin pancakes and bacon. One of her workers/riders was there and she was awesome, she's quite an accomplished Dressage rider and actually gives lessons so we're looking extremely forward to that.

AND, she has a MASSIVE Hanoverian cross gelding (he has to be over 17hh) that we can just RIDE - we can use him, we can have friends out, and there's also a little QH that's available for use.

We move April 2nd, we are SO ecstatic! I missed this quiet community atmosphere so much!

Cacowgirl 03-06-2011 10:06 PM

Wow! Sounds like a win-win all the way around! Lucky you-WTG!

reining girl 03-07-2011 01:11 AM

sounds like a fantastic place!! and sounds like some super nice people.