The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Where do you see your horse's training at in five years? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/where-do-you-see-your-horses-80214/)

Citrus 03-05-2011 08:59 PM

Where do you see your horse's training at in five years?

In five years, Citrus will be 10, 11 by AQHA showing standards..... I have been thinking long term while training him. I realize I am not training for the immediate, but more for long term. Someday, he will be my daughter's barrel horse (hahahahhaa because he does not go fast ever) but will also be our all around guy- pleasure, showmanship, in hand, trail, maybe even open reining.....

So, where do you see your horse in five years.....

justjump 03-05-2011 09:01 PM

Not going to lie, mines going to be a total baby sitter packer horse. He's already semi automatic and does Almost everything by his own. He's going to be an amazing horse and is going to make a rider very happy! Sadly in 5 years, he won't be mine:( he's my college fund :////
Posted via Mobile Device

Citrus 03-05-2011 09:05 PM

You keep saying he or she is your college fund... this is making me delegate extra money to my childs college fund (she is 8) and making me pick up more asian parenting tips on how to aid her in being a scholar :)

justjump 03-05-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 951694)
You keep saying he or she is your college fund... this is making me delegate extra money to my childs college fund (she is 8) and making me pick up more asian parenting tips on how to aid her in being a scholar :)

Make her an equitation queen... Buy her a project, train it, win a bunch, make people want it, and some of her college will be paid for(:
Posted via Mobile Device

Citrus 03-05-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjump (Post 951700)
Make her an equitation queen... Buy her a project, train it, win a bunch, make people want it, and some of her college will be paid for(:
Posted via Mobile Device

She wants to be a thoroughbred jockey but she is already a head taller than her classmates... I am five ten, her father is six two and both her grandfathers are six seven.....

Rodeo queen could be fun, but I don't want to pressure her into image over education....

justjump 03-05-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 951702)
She wants to be a thoroughbred jockey but she is already a head taller than her classmates... I am five ten, her father is six two and both her grandfathers are six seven.....

Rodeo queen could be fun, but I don't want to pressure her into image over education....

I'm telling you, do the hunters!(:
Posted via Mobile Device

Citrus 03-05-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjump (Post 951713)
I'm telling you, do the hunters!(:
Posted via Mobile Device

No way... that is what her brand obsessed father wants her to do.... and Citrus refuses to jump, thank god. I want a normal child who focuses on learning, not on image.....

justjump 03-05-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 951716)
No way... that is what her brand obsessed father wants her to do.... and Citrus refuses to jump, thank god. I want a normal child who focuses on learning, not on image.....

I know how it is. But hey, if she's tall I bet she would have gorgeous equitation lines!!:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Citrus 03-05-2011 09:26 PM

Lol.... she already does without her trainer or I ever focusing on leg placement and sitting up straight......

Citrus 03-05-2011 09:27 PM

She gets on his back and straightens up without a cue or a clue as to why she does it... she says it feels better.....