The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   help with fancy dress: 'April fool's theme' (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/help-fancy-dress-april-fools-theme-80278/)

Marlea Warlea 03-06-2011 06:01 PM

help with fancy dress: 'April fool's theme'

Hey guys!
I need help
Our school is doing an inter school equestrian games day,
There's a fancy dress comp with the theme 'April fools' (its held on April the first)
and i need help with a costume
I already know people who are going as jokers, clowns etc so i need something original.
Please tell me your idea and things to wear, put on my horse etc
thanx

lacyloo 03-06-2011 06:22 PM

Dress up like Dorthy from the wizard of oz and carry around a fake dog? Turn your horse into the scare crow

Marlea Warlea 03-06-2011 10:10 PM

thanx but hows that related to april fools??

lacyloo 03-07-2011 01:25 AM

wow I need sleep...I totally missed the theme, and its in the title... sorry

OneHotFuzz 03-07-2011 09:18 AM

That's difficult o_O April Fools is all about playing pranks and stuff, how do you dress your horse up like a prank? I suppose you could change his color. Oo! I know! Make him "human clothes" and then you dress up in a kids horse costume!

Marlea Warlea 03-08-2011 01:47 AM

hmm... yeah that might me hard though, i have a very low budget.
Any other ideas??

Marlea Warlea 03-24-2011 05:24 AM

please help guys!! any other ideas!!??

OneHotFuzz 03-24-2011 03:22 PM

The problem is april fools isn't really a theme lo. You play pranks on april fools, people don't usually dress up. I still think you could pull off the switched rider/horse without spending too much... Go to the fabric store to the scraps area (where they sell everything super cheap) and find yourself about a yards length of material, then craft a tie you could put around your horses neck. Go to the used clothing store and find some kind of cute hat, cut ear holes and attack some string to tether it (use a quick release knot) to the top of the headstall and slip his ears through so it doesn't accidently come off. And I'm sure yo could find a horse mask somewhere, or you could make one out of paper mache. Just use a cardboard base to get the right shape.

Marlea Warlea 03-24-2011 10:16 PM

no... it's still to much time and effort, its next week!!! i like the idea of marlea being a person but me being a horse is to hard to pull off.... PLEASE HELP!!

Tasia 03-29-2011 12:50 AM

What about being a clown? I mean they play jokes and stuff you could go with a little circus like thing. You being the clown and her being the elephant or circus horse.
Also you could dress up like you have broken limbs, you wear a neck brace and put some make up on the look like you have bruises. For your horse wrap his leg up with gauze and stick some band aids on her.