The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Cost of Avalon stables (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/cost-avalon-stables-80320/)

Toblerone 03-07-2011 12:14 AM

Cost of Avalon stables

Hi,

have been looking at Avalon stables website but cant seem to find any prices. I was wondering if any of you had Avalon stables and how much they cost? Just looking for a rough estimate in case we decide to build :)

OneHotFuzz 03-08-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblerone (Post 953086)
Hi,

have been looking at Avalon stables website but cant seem to find any prices. I was wondering if any of you had Avalon stables and how much they cost? Just looking for a rough estimate in case we decide to build :)

I'd called them? Then you can actually talk to someone as well and find out it the staff are nice, if you care about that sort of thing ;)

Toblerone 03-08-2011 08:38 AM

yeh might do but most places insist that you have to pay for someone to come out and give a quote which we dont want to do at the moment. just thought someone might be able to give an example :)

OneHotFuzz 03-08-2011 09:47 AM

wow thats weird. I understand why you asked if they do that o_O

Toblerone 03-11-2011 08:00 AM

yeh. thanks for the suggestion tho :)

Maverick101 03-12-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblerone (Post 954871)
yeh might do but most places insist that you have to pay for someone to come out and give a quote which we dont want to do at the moment. just thought someone might be able to give an example :)

What! this statement confuses me....since when does a stable not just give you information over the phone or through email, about what they offer, and how much they charge...
Odd, very odd.

OneHotFuzz 03-17-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick101 (Post 960051)
What! this statement confuses me....since when does a stable not just give you information over the phone or through email, about what they offer, and how much they charge...
Odd, very odd.

seems a bit sketchy to me... I'd never board my horse at a place that didn't say to me "Come out and visit whenever you want! Take a look around, no worries!" but that's just me lol...

AztecBaby 03-17-2011 03:14 AM

Its a company that builds stables, not a boarding facility. It's Australian.

OP, I have no idea how much they charge, your best bet is to give them a ring.

Maverick101 03-17-2011 05:59 PM

Ahh yes...going back and re-reading what the OP originally worte. Yes I see they were looking to build...just the way it was worded confused me.

That being said I got a quote from our company that built our barn for free (estimate was free), of course they say estimated cost, but it gives you a ball park figure...I think in the end it was 3000 over the estimated cost, but that was because we tweeked a few things along the way as they were building.