The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Any improvement? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/any-improvement-80381/)

justjump 03-07-2011 04:16 PM

Any improvement?

This is a continuation of my last thread "equitation critique". These are my good and bad goes of this weekend! Moose was awesome this entire weekend, and was almost "teaching" me what I'm doing wrong (thank you Moose!). So now that my horse is telling on me in the classes, I'm really going to work on myself and no so much him. We won our equitation class, with a pretty nice go besides our last rail, which was my fault. I let me get out of the bridle, saw my spot, and got impatient, causing him to tick it and get out of our rhythm. In our working hunter, after our first jump, he had the right lead and changed to the wrong because I pulled him to the outside too strong (and I don't even know why I did it!). I also didn't ride strong enough to my first fence, causing him to tick it, but after that it was a really nice round getting us 4th out of 9. He actually did this in our senior and warm up too! So another thing for me to work on is to quit my bad habits that I don't even know about. My leg's are still in need of some work, and is it the process of doing so. Our hunter hack class was awesome! We finished up our qualifying (we needed a half a point to finish it up.. we had 6 and needed 6.5) with a second place. I'm posting all three of my youth goes and let me know what you think! My next show is not until the end of April so I have plenty of time to improve!:-P

Thanks guys!

Equitation go:

Working hunter go:

Hunter hack go:

The directions were jump the line and stop straight.. Pretty strange for AQHA hack classes where its normally go around the corner and stop with the occasional back or drop your reigns. (:

I'm extremely thankful that my horse is being a "tattle tale" and letting me know what I'm doing wrong. He was absolutley perfect this weekend and did everything I asked him to (whether I meant to ask him or not:wink: ) and did it the best he could. My goal is to have all the problems figured out by the time our summer road trip comes along, so we can have a good world show!:D

justjump 03-07-2011 06:34 PM

anyone?

ocalagirl 03-08-2011 12:00 AM

In your two-point you are pivoting on your knees. What I mean by that is that your body is like a board teetering with the fulcrum being your knee. This could mean one of two things- you are stiff or your leg is not strong. I don't know what kind of shape you're in, but I'm guessing you're stiff. Your hips should be following your horse's canter and moving with the stride. The motion is similar to a hula hoop type rolling movement. This is not a movement in your back, merely a slight movement in your hips. The best clinician for that problem that I've seen is Daniel Stewart- plus I love his energy and sports psychology seminars :) I hope that helps.

justjump 03-08-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocalagirl (Post 954687)
In your two-point you are pivoting on your knees. What I mean by that is that your body is like a board teetering with the fulcrum being your knee. This could mean one of two things- you are stiff or your leg is not strong. I don't know what kind of shape you're in, but I'm guessing you're stiff. Your hips should be following your horse's canter and moving with the stride. The motion is similar to a hula hoop type rolling movement. This is not a movement in your back, merely a slight movement in your hips. The best clinician for that problem that I've seen is Daniel Stewart- plus I love his energy and sports psychology seminars :) I hope that helps.

I think I saw him at the AQHA YES seminar last year.. He was saying something about that but it was hard for me to remember. I do remember that he gave everyone good ways to calm them selves down and keep focused! I probably am stiff though, I've never gotten comments on my 2-point, so I never thought it was a problem. I'm probay going to have a hard time understanding what you mean because I'm more of a visual and physical learner:/ I'm going to ask my trainer about what your saying and maybe she can help me. I probably have a weaker leg too so that could also be part of it. This entire summer I'm taking my stirrups of the saddle like I did last year since it made a huge difference(: thanks so much for helping though!
Posted via Mobile Device