The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   What's your best barrel time? (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/whats-your-best-barrel-time-80396/)

Cheyennes mom 03-07-2011 06:55 PM

What's your best barrel time?

Hey guys!!
I was just wondering what your best time was for barrel racing?
Please don't get too competitive here. Be honest please! Hate it when people are overcompetitive and lie.

I am still learning barrel racing and so I haven't been timed or anything before I was just wondering out of curiosty!

My friend just got 18.5 seconds yesterday!! Cheyenne's owner lost one of her reins and still got 19.3 (she wasn't riding Cheyenne though) :p She lost one of her reins in the middle of the run but she would've gotten an amazing score! I'll have to ask her what Cheyenne's record is because she's a very fast and hot horse.

Anyways what's your best time?? Oh yeah and if you wanna post pics that's fine but you don't have to. :)

Lissa 03-07-2011 07:00 PM

I've gotten in the low 14s in an indoor arena

a large outdoor we used to run in the 16s or 17s

my horse was a 3D/4D horse usually

Cheyennes mom 03-07-2011 07:03 PM

low 14s???? Yikes!!! Good job!!

Lissa 03-07-2011 07:05 PM

there were people getting high 12s and low 13s :shock:

it's a VERY small pattern (I'm not even sure if they hold shows up there anymore, but it was a winter series).. the first time I ran it on my friends horse I wasn't prepared for the stop and I ended up hanging off his neck LOL

TheRoughrider21 03-07-2011 08:07 PM

My fastest was 13-something. Plus, it was during a practice where i lost my reins...that just proves how good my horse knew the pattern. obviously I was holding her back when I had the reins, but I've never felt so outta control in my life lol.

During actaul competion, it was in the high 14s. I had a speed demon for a horse though, she was 17 at the time. I couldn't put a kid on her back because she loved to run with everybody, she would only settle down for me. And I rarely ever ran her besides in competion, so she was like this freaky hot-headed horse.

Cheyennes mom 03-07-2011 09:45 PM

haha good job!! I'd love to just let loose like that with Cheyenne! She's extremely hot too. Once we were playing games at the end of a horse show and Cheyenne and I won like all of them (except one because my stupid magazine didn't have a page 25 :p) because she knew it was games so she was acting like a racehorse :D So much fun! But yeah. Cheyenne really sucks at turning and I don't wanna pull on her mouth too hard to get around the barrel. I haven't tried in a while though, maybe I should try again. Her owner wants me to start gaming but I still need lots of practice so I keep putting her off. Maybe I'll get a lesson from her someday.

Iseul 03-07-2011 09:55 PM

My best time was in the low-mid 16s on a half trained, clumsy, (at the time) demon Clyde/paint gelding. :p
I'm working on retraining him from basically ground up now. I hop on and just ride more than I really should, but I can't help myself. :p
I love riding him, and we're working on getting him soft in the mouth and legs. His stop is getting better (thank goodness o.o ) and he seems to be picking up neckreining decently so far.
I'm hoping we can get a few mid-15s this year, since he's actually super fast for a draft cross, haha.(: I'm excited to start showing him, even though I'll be even more broke than I already am. I'm hoping to win the lottery and get a paint I've ridden before on trails that would easily get low 14s on the patterns we normally run. ^^
Posted via Mobile Device

Cheyennes mom 03-07-2011 09:59 PM

^^cool! Good luck :)

myhorsesonador 03-07-2011 10:02 PM

14.5 back in the day.. lol 5 years ago. :P

Cheyennes mom 03-07-2011 10:04 PM

ooh that's good!