The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   MTG!!! Answers Please! Kinda stuipd questions.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/mtg-answers-please-kinda-stuipd-questions-8040/)

HorsesAreForever 04-18-2008 08:43 PM

MTG!!! Answers Please! Kinda stuipd questions..

Ok well I just got my mtg yesterday and I want to start using it on chance as soon as possible, well I dont want to have to bring the WHOLE bottle with me if im not useing a TON. So I was just was wondering If maybe I could shake it up till everything is mixed, then pour some into a spray bottle i throughly cleaned out. That would be okay right??

Also could i just spray it on her?? or do i still have to work it in with gloves?

I need as many answers as I can get before .. tomorrow morning lol

Abby 04-18-2008 08:47 PM

No, a spray bottle won't do it. I work it in with gloves.

HorsesAreForever 04-18-2008 08:52 PM

k good to know, But it is okay to put some in a spray bottle right

Abby 04-18-2008 09:06 PM

It probably wont come out right but you can try it. I find it easier just to use the bottle.

HorsesAreForever 04-18-2008 09:21 PM

lol i guess ill find out and if i need to i can just open the bottle and pour it out i mean the MTG bottle has a little spout so i dont think it will make 2 much of a diff.

Any more opinions are welcome :)

HorsesAreForever 04-18-2008 09:39 PM

Few more QUESTIONS:

Does it turn out really greasy????

If I put it on her at around 3:30 or something and turn her out will she be fine?

I cant put it on her any later cause im only staying at the barn till about 4.

Equina 04-18-2008 10:51 PM

I just keep the bottle in my bucket-o-brushes. It's no bigger than a bottle of show sheen or Cowboy Magic.

I think if you use it through the spray bottle nozzle, some of the particles (the yellow ones that you have to shake up) may get clogged in the sprayer. Then maybe your sprayer won't work or you'll just lose those particles and they won't do their good stuff to your horse.

But you could just take off the spray bottle top and pour it on like you said. Be sure to shake first!!

As for being greasy...it is a little at first, and then (depending on how much you put on) it's still greasy for a few days. I've found that dirt can be attracted to the MTG and makes kind of a dirty goo mess/buildup after a while. It does brush out though and I'm sure it will wash out as well. I figure it's better he's greasy than dry when I'm trying to get it to grow!

Someone in another thread warned me against leaving on the MTG in direct sunlight. So, I'd be cautious if it's very sunny out at 4pm if you don't have the treated area covered with a blanket or something.

HorsesAreForever 04-19-2008 07:33 AM

Okay thxs I put it in a little spray bottle ill tell you how it goes later today :p ill try adn get videos and things 2. Ya im hoping it wont be to sunny, and if she gets sunburned idk lol once her hair grows out cant wait to wash it out lol xD cause this stuff is gonna be almost all over her lol

Vidaloco 04-19-2008 07:42 AM

I just use it from the bottle but I see your point. I know its a little late now but for the future you could get one of those little bottles that they use for hair coloring, or even an empty dish washing liquid bottle. I think the hair coloring bottle would be ideal. That way you could just take what you need and leave the big bottle. I've never sprayed it on since I part the hair squirt it on and then rub it in. Couldn't do that with a sprayer.
I don't use gloves, guess I should since its so stinky :lol:

HorsesAreForever 04-19-2008 07:53 AM

well I havent left yet but ya thanks! We'll see how this goes lol You seriously dont use gloves?? ive heard that someones hands started growing hair O.O!!