The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   Hammock in a trailer? What do you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/hammock-trailer-what-do-you-think-80580/)

MightyEventer 03-09-2011 09:30 PM

Hammock in a trailer? What do you think?

So I have been cleaning out and organizing my trailer ever since my horse got back from Aiken. And i decided that the coolest thing i could do would to put our rope hammock chair in my trailer and it would hang from the ceiling. My trailer is very open so it would work. However, my only question is, do you think that the trailer could support someone hanging in a hammock? I weigh roughly 125 lbs. My mom says its a bad idea, since our trailer is old, but I wanted to know some of your thoughts!!

http://www.amazon.com/Set-of-Two-Hammock-Chairs/dp/B000RJDPM4

Scoope 03-09-2011 09:39 PM

I would have thought that it might put question to your insurance (depending on what sort you have) should somthing break.

MightyEventer 03-09-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoope (Post 956845)
I would have thought that it might put question to your insurance (depending on what sort you have) should somthing break.

ah thats a good point!

Scoope 03-09-2011 09:44 PM

:) just thinking like a mum :)

drafts4ever 03-10-2011 01:03 AM

they make "levitation" hammocks. Like it's a chair structure that hangs off a support system but isn't attached into anything. If I can find a picture or better description I'll attach it. I think it's called a Pod chair? It hangs like a hammock chair only it has a supported frame that doesn't have to be secured into the ceiling. That might work if you can't put a hanging hammock chair?

smrobs 03-10-2011 01:20 AM

I don't know how those things attach to your ceiling (I am assuming it is some kind of bolt attachment that you drill a hole for?). I'm sure that if you reinforce the area that you will be hanging it from (either with wood or sheet-metal), then it would be fine.

MightyEventer 03-10-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 957109)
I don't know how those things attach to your ceiling (I am assuming it is some kind of bolt attachment that you drill a hole for?). I'm sure that if you reinforce the area that you will be hanging it from (either with wood or sheet-metal), then it would be fine.

in my trailer there is a ummm whats the word...attachment for lack of a better word that i could snap it onto... I have a hammock chair sitting in my closet and figured i would put it to use if i could!

iridehorses 03-10-2011 10:26 AM

What is the point? Is it so that you can chill out at the end of a ride or on a weekend trip? I can't figure why you would want to.

MightyEventer 03-10-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 957365)
What is the point? Is it so that you can chill out at the end of a ride or on a weekend trip? I can't figure why you would want to.

eh just to have in the trailer for horse shows, since i tend to feel sick in the middle of the day alot and want to lay down. Plus i cant have it in my house since my cats play with it and tear it up, so i figured it would be nice for horse shows for my mom to sit in too while i tack up or wait around for ride times and scores. Just something fun to have!

Alwaysbehind 03-10-2011 02:34 PM

The roof of most horse trailers is not structurally designed to have heavy things hanging from it.