The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Peanut's Conformation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/peanuts-conformation-80812/)

Dressage10135 03-12-2011 08:09 PM

Peanut's Conformation

1 Attachment(s)
Would love a critique on my big guy's conformation! His name is Peanut and he is a 9 year old Belgian/TB cross. This is the only picture I have so far, I will try and get more tomorrow. Thanks!

Oh, and his feet have been done since this picture was taken!

tinyliny 03-12-2011 08:42 PM

Ok. Peanut. That suits him, 'cause he's so tiny.

He has a nice head/neck size relationshiip. Neck ties into back very well, Good depth of chest and strong shoulder, if a wee little upright. His front legs are a tiny bit back (calf kneed) but minimal. His back is short and strong, hind quarters have great angling but his back legs are significantly posty.
His rear toes to face out a bit.
He looks like a very nice horse and does he jump? He looks like he could jump well, with that nice long neck to create a bascule. Love his looks!

BTW where in Washington are you? I am in Bellevue.

Dressage10135 03-12-2011 08:45 PM

Haha, I know his name is awesome.

Thank you for the critique! I have only had him for 3 months but his previous owner jumped him some and he looked like he did quite well. Eventually I would love to take him over small stuff just for fun.

Oh cool! I am in Yakima.

smrobs 03-12-2011 10:12 PM

Aw, I love Peanut. If you ever part with him, he needs to come to TX. The only thing that bugs me about him is his back legs; posty, base narrow,and fairly cow-hocked (likely that all comes from Belgian parent). I adore everything else about him. I love a beautiful, well arched neck like he has.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_7.gif

Dressage10135 03-12-2011 11:41 PM

Thanks Jen!! :D Haha you will have to fight Allie for him, she has already claimed him if I want to part with him.

I agree about his legs. Its strange, sometimes he stands like he is in the picture, and then other times he stands all perfectly square and "normal".

I'm glad you like him, I do too!

Dressage10135 03-15-2011 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bump with a picture of his chest/front legs

vikki92 03-16-2011 12:20 AM

I love his confo!!! i love belgium crosses. i have a qh/belgium! :)

corinowalk 03-16-2011 12:31 AM

I just love Peanut. He looks like a nice solid horse that took good parts of both TB and Bel.

As if he isn't big enough already but...is this him in full work? He looks like he could shave down just a smooch of that neck to take out the excess bulk and build the shoulder just a little more round.

Other than the posty hind, I think he is a nicely balanced, good looking solid mount. Nice length and angle of the pasterns, deep chest, straight strong legs. I agree with tiny, I think a nice picture of him jumping would be precious!

Horsegears 03-16-2011 09:26 AM

Leaner type limbs, flat arm, slightly upright shoulder blade that has good length, forward set wither, longer back and overall body, photo deceptive but hind appears on the leaner side, deep girth and river barrel.

Dressage10135 06-07-2011 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Updated shot of Mr Nut!

Sorry Cori, I didnt even reply to your post! This new pic is of him in full work.. I hope you can see a difference!

Oh, and I'm planning on taking him over a couple jumps this summer :D