The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Just One Blue Ribbon. (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/just-one-blue-ribbon-80840/)

vivache 03-13-2011 07:54 AM

Just One Blue Ribbon.

That's all I ask.

This will document my work toward that blue ribbon. ;D

MARCH 12:

Rode Nighty, AKA 'The Gaited Cow' for 2 hours. Dressage saddle, roller curb bit.

Lots of flat walk. We had a lot of speed(gasp!) at first, but NO stride. So we said bye-bye to the nice fast Nighty and did LOTS of backing to try to engage that butt. It worked-- we got quite the flatwalk out of her. I thought it was a runwalk, but my trainer laughed. .___.

Then we lengthened and did some pattern work. She really needs to lift her ribcage and bend off of leg.

All in all it was a good day. My ankles hurt at the end, though. :c

vivache 03-19-2011 06:16 PM

Rode Nighty for 1 hour. Dressage saddle, full cheek snaffle.

Worked on consistency. The pink dressage whip makes her GO!! Today we did pretty well. Not a lot of rear, but head shake and speed. She wouldn't set her head so we backed a bit.

Then the trot poles.

OMG.

Never again.

She trotted over the poles(as was our intent). Boy, did she trot. I think my ovaries are still in the middle of the arena.

vivache 06-14-2011 06:03 AM

Oops! Forgot about this! But since my 1st show is in under a month..

Nighty is wearing a trail-pleasure lite shoe. Her gait has transformed into a racky running walk. It's not anything true, but it's pretty and consistent enough.

BUT I've gotten through to Midnight!
I last rode that butt in October. He would get trotty and crappy without a whip. So my trainer rode him a lot this spring. I got on him again-- trotty nonsense! My first ride on him(sans crop-- trainer doesn't need one, why should I?), he pulled his trot crap and I got maybe 1 good lap out of him.

But my second ride.. I was not taking crap. It was in a group lesson, a kind of big one. Nighty was being ridden by an adult beginner. My trainer's sister was riding, and there was a young girl on a pony. he hates ponies with a vengeance. Midnight was pulling his trot, so he got the OH GOD CIRCLE OF DEATH until he settled down. I had to keep him away from the pony, and forced him to walk while the others trotted/gaited.

Then I got to unleash the fury. He trotted at first, got circled.. then SEVEN LAPS OF PURE, SLOW RACK. Score. My trainer's parents watched me ride since they were down checking on my trainer's horse. After I dismounted, my trainer's dad said that my riding ability had increased 1000x since last year.

Good day.

vivache 06-16-2011 03:46 PM

Midnight was back in Moronville. He got a total workout today-- got his ASS handed to him when he trotted. Got SOME rack, but not enough. But, trainer hopped on and he was tight with her, so we chalked it up to a bad day.

Trainer offered him to me for $2500. He was at $5500.

We'll see.

Trainer is still going to get on Nighty, and show mount decisions will be made TWO WEEKS in advance. But right now, Midnight is going to be my show mount.

vivache 06-20-2011 06:27 PM

HE RACKED! :'D Like, completely.

So proud of him.

vivache 06-24-2011 10:17 AM

Midnight did OK yesterday. Some trot, but only when I lost it. Also rode Nighty. I got tons of headshake from her. TRUE running walk! :'D

Brighteyes 06-24-2011 10:43 PM

No more of that spotted saddle-y racky running step pace thing? That thing needs a name... The bovine shuffle?

vivache 06-25-2011 09:06 PM

There was a little of that. But not as much.

We call it the ****all. :'D

Midnight has 1 week to pull his **** together. If not, my trainer will ride Nighty a lot and I'll show her.

vivache 06-30-2011 07:26 PM