The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Which barn to choose? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/barn-choose-80934/)

sweetbelle 03-14-2011 12:05 PM

Which barn to choose?

Okay, I love the barn I'm at, but my best friend is getting a horse for the summer and may not be able to afford at the barn I board at. The place I'm at now has great eventing facilities but no one to ride with. My friend is going to be boarding at a cheaper, still very nice place that is located in a really nice neighborhood with TONS of room to ride. The barn she will board at just doesnt have eventing facilities. We are going to set up a xc course on her land that she owns in the neighborhood, but there is no place for showjumping (there are only a few jumps) and dressage. (But I could make letters.) I don't know if I want to be serious about competing, or have a super fun, hacking summer. I'd still compete, but I don't know if I would be as succesful. What should I do? Would it be okay to just keep my horse out there for the summer and move back when school starts? Thanks guys!

ridergirl23 03-14-2011 12:12 PM

Oh thats a tough decision!!! would you be able to trailer to the barn you are at right now for lessons every once in a while if you move to your friends barn in the summer?

sweetbelle 03-14-2011 12:17 PM

Well my trainer doesn't train at a specific barn, so she could drive up...

ridergirl23 03-14-2011 12:25 PM

ohh, well i was just thinking if you took lessons at that barn then you could use the facilities and cross country course and everything when you actually wanted to train really hard.

sweetbelle 03-14-2011 12:27 PM

It's $30 a day I think if you wanna use their facilities

churumbeque 03-14-2011 12:50 PM

If you are hapy where you are I wouldn't switch. Can you trailer and ride with your friend?

ridergirl23 03-14-2011 12:52 PM

oh well in that case (if i was in your position) i would move to my friends barn, and its cheaper right? so every once in a while you both could trailer to your old barn for a few lessons or even just to use the facilities and use the money you are saving to pay the fee.

SMCLeenie 03-16-2011 06:09 PM

I agree with ridergirl23, move to your friend's barn for the summer but take lessons at the one you are at now.