The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   sheath cleaning fun haha (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/sheath-cleaning-fun-haha-8096/)

SonnyWimps 04-20-2008 05:15 PM

sheath cleaning fun haha

this isn't a question, sorry haha

But anyways, I brought Excalibur to the barn and cleaned out Sonny's sheath after the lesson. He behaved really well...did not threaten to kick or anything. His sheath was horrible..it seemed like it wasn't cleaned in a while.
He wouldn't drop so I wasn't able to check to see if he had a bean or not...but he's urinating fine so if he does have one...it's small enough that he's still "functioning" haha.

Excalibur made the job REALLY easy...

The fun part of it was grossing out all the girls that took lessons with me haha. They all would watch me clean his sheath out, and kept asking "Why don't you just have the vet do it?" and when I said "cause I don't want to pay $50 or more to have her do it when I can do it myself for just the cost of Excalibur" they rolled their eyes.

Just thought I'd share :D

PoptartShop 04-20-2008 05:39 PM

:D LOL!
Well at least you cleaned it, I hate when people would get grossed out when I cleaned Cody's, my old horse's sheath. They'd be like ewww how can you do that! It's really not that big of a deal...you gotta do what you gotta do lol. :P
But yeah, glad he behaved for you! :D

SonnyWimps 04-20-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoptartShop
:D LOL!
Well at least you cleaned it, I hate when people would get grossed out when I cleaned Cody's, my old horse's sheath. They'd be like ewww how can you do that! It's really not that big of a deal...you gotta do what you gotta do lol. :P
But yeah, glad he behaved for you! :D

yeah haha...I mean, it could be worse...well I can't think of anything worse haha.

He behaved while I was actually cleaning it..but when I was spraying out his sheath to get the excess Excalibur out he did try to kick me twice. But thankfully he didn't get me.

PoptartShop 04-20-2008 05:48 PM

Yeah Cody used to try to kick sometimes when I cleaned his, sometimes they don't like it. :evil:

SonnyWimps 04-20-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoptartShop
Yeah Cody used to try to kick sometimes when I cleaned his, sometimes they don't like it. :evil:

afterwards though he seemed really happy. He was prancing a little bit and just seemed alot better. I got as much of the gunk out as I could, but it seemed like Sonny noticed a difference haha

Sara 04-20-2008 06:27 PM

Heh, I'm glad it went well:P