The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   We FINALLY set the date!!! Farm Wedding :) (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/we-finally-set-date-farm-wedding-81066/)

Zimpatico 03-15-2011 04:08 PM

We FINALLY set the date!!! Farm Wedding :)

My fiance and I have been engaged for a year and a half. Thanks to the Bachelor last night, we have finally set the date and started planning! September 19th (since the barn is closed on Mondays and it will be much quieter). It's going to be extremely small, only 10 guests. We've decided to have a ceremony at the barn, under the trees, next to the pasture. I'm going to ride in on Zee, who will be the ring bearer. I'll have to find a nice white saddle pad and sew ribbons onto it that will hold our rings. Our dog is going to be our flower girl! Planning to have a nice afternoon luncheon afterwards at Shula's Steakhouse.

Just wanted to share!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

iridehorses 03-15-2011 04:20 PM

As a former Pennsylvanian (Bucks County) - I wish you a Congratulations!!!! It sounds like you have a nice ceremony planned.

heart2horse 03-15-2011 04:24 PM

That sounds so cute:)

Zimpatico 03-15-2011 04:46 PM

Now, if I can just figure out how I'm going to dismount with a dress on...

Carleen 03-15-2011 06:43 PM

Congrats!! Sounds like it will be a wonderful day.

I have a friend who attended a farm wedding and has pictures of it on facebook - so gorgeous! I am sure yours will be just as nice!

I have a side saddle you can use if you think it will be easier. :-P

DressageLady88 03-15-2011 06:56 PM

Sounds so romantic! Congratulations!!! No better way to spend "Every girl's dream day", than on the back of a horse! Oh and her new husband ;)

dressagebelle 03-15-2011 08:03 PM

If you ride side saddle, it will be pretty easy to get off, or if your dress isn't extremely poofy, then you should be able to be pretty graceful as long as you have some help just to make sure that you don't catch your dress and Zee doesn't decide that the grass looks more yummy than standing and waiting for you to get off. It sounds like a nice small wedding with all the really important people and animals, I hope you have fun with all the prewedding events and stuff. Congrats.

Zimpatico 03-16-2011 08:08 AM

Thanks everyone! My trainer will be there as an "honorary bridesmaid" to help with Zee. Once I get a dress, she and I are going to see if I can do this in my own saddle, or if I'm going to need to track down a side saddle. And, she'll be the one holding Zee while he chomps on grass during the ceremony :) So, excited... I really wanted to fly off somewhere and elope, my fiance wanted a BIG wedding. So, we compromised! His immediate family can be there, and I get to have Zee and Lucy there!!

Carleen, I just might take you up on the offer of the side saddle! It would look a lot nicer to ride up in a side saddle than stradling, but we'll see...

Also, if anyone knows how to sew, I might need help sewing ribbons onto a saddle pad to hold our rings!!

TaMMa89 03-16-2011 03:21 PM

Congrats! :)

Mike_Admin 03-18-2011 04:23 PM

It sounds like it will be beautiful, Zimpatico. :-)