The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Rodeo!! It kills!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/rodeo-kills-81140/)

Marlea Warlea 03-16-2011 06:32 AM

Rodeo!! It kills!!

i want to express my opinion on all rodeos...
every one of them is a death trap!!
I strongly believe all rodeo's are made purely for the good off man and the bad for the horse/cow!
Straps tied around the horse or cow make it extremely unconfotable for them, making them buck. Every year many many many animals are hurt badly or even killed just for the enjoyment of us.
There is absolutley no enjoyment in that!!!
People, cows, and horses are suverley injured in this dangerous, un humane event

mbender 03-16-2011 06:43 AM

Hey, this is a thread that has been discussed over and over. Always ending in a train wreck. So that being said, I respect your opinion. Good luck when this heats up!
Posted via Mobile Device

Marlea Warlea 03-16-2011 06:45 AM

uhm... thanx i think...

mbender 03-16-2011 06:49 AM

No, don't take that wrong! Just been here long enough to know where this will lead. You have so many people with there own opinions that eventually this crashes and burns. No worries. So relax and enjoy a wild ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

DunOverIt 03-16-2011 10:18 AM

FACE/PALM

Here we go...

myhorsesonador 03-16-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunOverIt (Post 964361)
FACE/PALM

Here we go...

Thats what I was thinking. She's probably never even been to a real rodeo in her life. She just watched all thoughs anti rodeo vids on youtube.

mbender 03-16-2011 10:40 AM

Well, her feelings are valid. So its ok for her to form her opinion. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and we each know how we feel. Maybe she needs more helpful information instead of criticism. You know? Give her the benefit of the doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

DunOverIt 03-16-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhorsesonador (Post 964378)
Thats what I was thinking. She's probably never even been to a real rodeo in her life. She just watched all thoughs anti rodeo vids on youtube.

Yeeeep!

The likelihood of a person getting hurt, of course. The animals? Rarely.

GreyRay 03-16-2011 10:43 AM

Hahaha, OI!
Posted via Mobile Device

ErikaLynn 03-16-2011 10:49 AM

I've been to one rodeo when I was younger, and I thought it was really fun. I enjoyed it a lot.

I do respect your opinion, but a lot of horse sport are dangerous and were made for entertainment. For example, show jumping, it was designed to have high, colorful jumps just so it would bring in spectators and money. It was first judged on, if your horse refused or if you fell off. That's how you got faults. Now it's judged on time and if a horse knocks a rail over.

People would go see show jumping just to see people fall off.

Everyone has their own opinion, and if you don't agree with rodeos and how they are ran, then just don't go to see them or support them.