The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   things to ponder late at night (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/things-ponder-late-night-8122/)

KANSAS_TWISTER 04-21-2008 01:17 AM

things to ponder late at night

just wondering if any one has tried this? and does it work?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk). Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'

LadyDreamer 04-21-2008 01:50 AM

Have you tried that? Now I really want to.....Hmmm.....

KANSAS_TWISTER 04-21-2008 02:00 AM

no i can't ...both truck's are old and don't have that feature.... my car that has one been park out behind the barn for 2 years with out a batterie.....dying to try it out on that

Vidaloco 04-21-2008 06:54 AM

Like KT we don't have any auto door locks on our vehicles. Their either too old or not fancy enough. I never lock my doors and have a bad habit of leaving the keys in the car :shock: My only "car" is a convertable so I always leave it unlocked. Figure I'd rather have them open the door than cut the top to steal something.

My2Geldings 04-21-2008 10:46 AM

Some friends of ours own a few relatively expensive vehicles and by habit they never lock their car either. They say that if someone wants to steal your car they will do it whether or not your car is locked, so they save themselves a broken window. They made out of habit to always leave their car unlocked.

Not something I would start doing...

tim 04-21-2008 10:46 AM

HOLY!
I tried that on our car. It worked! :shock: You have to hold the cell phone right over the keyless receiver though.

Wicked.

PoptartShop 04-21-2008 11:27 AM

Wow that's weird, I shall try that sometime!

My2Geldings 04-22-2008 03:54 PM

actually tried it...didn't work

TaMMa89 04-22-2008 05:07 PM

Cool. I could try this in some day.

ilovemyhorsies 04-23-2008 07:38 AM

instead of calling someone you can record the sound onto your phone....