The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Need a muscle supplement for a older horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/need-muscle-supplement-older-horse-81297/)

appylover2408 03-17-2011 08:02 PM

Need a muscle supplement for a older horse

hay im just wondering what every one use's out there in muscle supplements. my horse has not been worked in some times and trust me i dont plan on shoving him in to hard work i have a very safe approach on gaining muscle how ever i would like a aid since my horse is older and i know it will take double the amount of time to get the muscle on. if any one and every one would like to give me supplement ideas and how they benefited you i would greatly appreciate it :) :D

CJ82Sky 03-17-2011 08:22 PM

i am a huuuuuuge fan of fat cat by vapco - i get mine from equi-supps.com and they are great. it used to be the only thing that kept weight and muscle on my older semi-retired (now late) hard keeper tb gelding. i highly recommend it. i have also used farnams weight builder with little success and prefer the fat cat over it as it also has probiotics.

appylover2408 03-17-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ82Sky (Post 966435)
i am a huuuuuuge fan of fat cat by vapco - i get mine from equi-supps.com and they are great. it used to be the only thing that kept weight and muscle on my older semi-retired (now late) hard keeper tb gelding. i highly recommend it. i have also used farnams weight builder with little success and prefer the fat cat over it as it also has probiotics.

ty i appreciate the advise do you have any b4 and after photos soo i can see its progress? :D

CJ82Sky 03-17-2011 11:28 PM

i don't im sorry - he was my older horse and he passed away at 27 years old several years ago :(

appylover2408 03-18-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ82Sky (Post 966692)
i don't im sorry - he was my older horse and he passed away at 27 years old several years ago :(

im sorry for you loss i know its hard. if theirs any one else you know that has used it and has pics it would be great if i could see the progress. i know muscle supplements work iv had a few freinds that have used them and iv seen the before and afters but b4 i used the ones they recommended i just want to see what others have done.

CJ82Sky 03-18-2011 11:35 AM

sorry i do not have before and after pics. can you please not type in text speak? thanks.