The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Whats your equine guilty pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/whats-your-equine-guilty-pleasure-81548/)

wild horses 03-20-2011 08:41 PM

Whats your equine guilty pleasure

Maybe you have always dreamed of owning a particular breed, but its outside your resources. Or its a completly differant discipline. Do you secretly dream of owning a equine giant, or a dog sized mini.

Are you a begginer but dream of galloping on a racehorse. A western rider who secretly thinks about riding dressage on a spanish stallion. A jumper wanting a plough horse?

what is your secret equine guiltly pleasure that you daydream about but couldnt happen in reality??:D

BackInTheSaddleAgain 03-20-2011 09:48 PM

Mounted Shooting :D

sixlets 03-20-2011 09:51 PM

I want to run barrels REALLY fast one day :)

MHFoundation Quarters 03-20-2011 09:54 PM

I am so with you on the mounted shooting!!!! I have several horses who would be great at it, but I have serious doubt in my own ability as a pistol shooter. I grew up bird hunting and have fired lots of shotguns but have never fired a handgun of any kind. I may have to find a gun range...that just might be a horse related expense the hubby wouldn't grumble about ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sunny 03-20-2011 09:54 PM

I would love to have an all-around ranch horse, but only if I have the huge cattle ranch and ranch chores to go with it. :wink:
Posted via Mobile Device

wild horses 03-20-2011 10:22 PM

haha excellant yea i would love to turn one of my horse into an actual working farm horse. I did play around chasing cows for semo ropers once on my 17hh warmblood and he loved it!

What about breeds of horses is theri any particular breed people would want to try??

GoWithTheFlow 03-20-2011 10:26 PM

A gaited horse , registered , 5yrs old ,and broke enough for a greenish rider.lol

wild horses 03-20-2011 10:28 PM

personally i would love a little gypsy cob as a paddock ornament! i think theyr so cute. mayb to pull a little cart??

but i would never in a million years actually buy one! i live in wet muddy enviroment imagine trying to groom those feathered legs? plus they are not suited to anything i do!!

but in another life time...

Iseul 03-20-2011 10:56 PM

I'd like a 50-75 stall barn, heated water, shower room (human, so shower, toilet, sink, etc), wash racks, two outdoor arenas, two indoor arenas, three or four round pens, and about 780 acres, about 100 of it being trail ridable. :p
I'd like to have atleast one of the following breeds as well: criollo, Dutch warmblood (imported), clydesdale, appaloosa, qh, paint, tb, morgan, some fancy smancy Spanish breeds, kabarda, sorraia, Breton, and more-but mainly those, lol. And a lot of mustangs. :p
I'd also like to own a large herd of cattle to use for sale and roping/cowbirds practice.(:
And of course I'll train horses, but I guess that's not really unrealistic, since I'm already getting there, haha.

And one thing completely unrelated to that is to travel on the rodeo circuit and compete in team roping, breakaway roping, bareback bronc, barrels, poles, possibly bulls (not gonna happen), and I want to do steer wrestling, but since I'm female it's out. :| I'm actually very upset that I can't do bull riding or bulldogging on a circuit. Ah well.
Posted via Mobile Device

wild horses 03-21-2011 02:30 AM

HAHAHAH so you want a horsey Zoo then??? love it!!! i want one two!